can i get a v brake when i have...

• Discuss can i get a v brake when i have... in the General BMX Forum forum in area BMX-Forum Community; can i get a v brake when i have a u brake i think if the v brakes dont fit my mounts because i run u mounts or is there no difference betweeen it ...
  • Tags bike bmx mountain bike
@

@:::BMXdevil:::@

can i get a v brake when i have... post #1
can i get a v brake when i have a u brake
i think if the v brakes dont fit my mounts because i run u mounts or is there no difference betweeen it

K

kam_holmes

can i get a v brake when i have... post #2
you can get adaptors that allow you to run a V on U brake mounts

M

Mr_Shrapnel

can i get a v brake when i have... post #3
you dont want a v-brake. no really you dont. ok i know that you are fresh of your mountain bike, and all of the mountain bike riders say that v-brakes are the best non disk/hydralic brakes you can get, but you realy dont want them for a bmx. i wont say why, just trust me on this on dude. 99% (maybe) of freestyle bmxers cant be wrong can they?

@

can i get a v brake when i have... post #4
ok thanks for the information

S

sandmriderbmx

can i get a v brake when i have... post #5
go to dans comp and u can get an adapter tht bolts on to yur frame

@

can i get a v brake when i have... post #6
i live in the netherlands so i dont order in the usa

S

sandmriderbmx

can i get a v brake when i have... post #7
ohi c, well just look on the nternet youll find it somewhere

F

federal_rider12

can i get a v brake when i have... post #8
the only v brake plate ive seen bolts to a a brake plate(metal sheet with a hole in it) and v brakes cant just mount onto a u brake mount the pads would not even be close to the rim. the arms on a u brake place the pads below the mounts v brakes place them above the mounts, and like someone said you dont want v brakes, they might be able to haul you down but they dont have the power to hold the bike, if you were planning on doing tricks with them, and i remember my old mongoose i had years ago had v brakes and every week i was snapping cables. v brakes eat cables like crazy

New Topics