Cable Guides

• Discuss Cable Guides in the BMX Bike Tech forum in area BMX-Forum Community; ok so i bought a premium josh harrington frame from a guy at my skatepark for 50 bucks. he rode brakeless and he cut the gyro tabs and cable guides... ...
jimbosz07

jimbosz07

Cable Guides post #1
ok so i bought a premium josh harrington frame from a guy at my skatepark for 50 bucks. he rode brakeless and he cut the gyro tabs and cable guides off. since my parents said i cant ride without brakes i kinda need cable guides.... i only need one and im just gonna cut it off my old frame. i was planning on using jb weld to attach it but my dad said that wouldnt work. i have a welder and could weld it on but that would mean stripping the coat of primer i just put on today then redoing it all.

so do you think jb weld will hold it on? i need an actual cable guide because im running snafu dual lower gyro cables. + rep for anything that helps

E RaK

E RaK

Cable Guides post #2
yes just strip the paint weld it up and paint it up

Pickles

Pickles

Cable Guides post #3
one coat of paint...and youre angry that you would have to do it over in that one spot...?

just strip the paint...btw you said he cut off the gyro tabs? just gonna drill for your own?

ThisGuy

ThisGuy

Cable Guides post #4
Just J-B weld it, if it doesn't hold up just do it again. (but I imagine it would work fine the first time)

Also I think if you try to weld the Guide on you run the risk of messing up the heat treatment of the metal.
So, I'd just sand it a little and J-B weld that shit.

Pickles

Pickles

Cable Guides post #5
Just J-B weld it, if it doesn't hold up just do it again. (but I imagine it would work fine the first time)

Also I think if you try to weld the Guide on you run the risk of messing up the heat treatment of the metal.
So, I'd just sand it a little and J-B weld that shit.
he's got a point. I think either way your warranty is screwed...so,might as well try to keep the frame in good shape then.

jimbosz07

jimbosz07

Cable Guides post #6
well if i had to weld it id have to strip the whole downtube so i wouldnt burn the paint to a crisp and make a big mess. its got no warranty anyway so i dont care about that. i have an odyssey gyro that came with this thing that become gyro tabs. idk hard to explain but it just means i dont need those

i think ill jb weld it since it shouldnt take much stress. its just a cable guide

Jeff_Healitt

Jeff_Healitt

Cable Guides post #7
Run a single cable?

What kind of welding? Mig will be alright IF set right.

If you still want gyro drill drill and tap for tabs.

For the rear drill and tap for a gyro tab and run a london mod... much safer idea then welding... two little holes drilled and one tapped for the rear and 4 holes drilled and two tapped for the front. therte is a guide somewhere on here how to do it.

If you do not understand post here or PM me.

**EDIT**
It WILL takes ALOT of stress.

Last edited:
jimbosz07

jimbosz07

Cable Guides post #8
you my friend are a genius + rep. ill order some tomorow. and i am running a london mod but its a snafu one

bike ryder

bike ryder

Cable Guides post #9
just use a shoelace and tie it to the tt.

E RaK

E RaK

Cable Guides post #11
caliper brakes work like shit tho

jimbosz07

jimbosz07

Cable Guides post #12
yea im not plannin on changin my brakes. ive got odyssey evo 2s so ill keep those. im gonna go with the gyro tab idea. i can drill and tap no problem

Jeff_Healitt

Jeff_Healitt

Cable Guides post #13
Awesome. It's simple.

No problem man, Wheres your location, I have 4 if you promise you will use them and are not too far.

Last edited:

New Topics