buy new rims

• Discuss buy new rims in the General BMX Forum forum in area BMX-Forum Community; my rims are completely fawked beyond belief, they have like about 1/2 an inch of wobble, (most wobbely rims have about 1/16th an inch of wobble and its... ...
S

sentaafEQpovar

buy new rims post #1
my rims are completely fawked beyond belief, they have like about 1/2 an inch of wobble, (most wobbely rims have about 1/16th an inch of wobble and its still noticable) they are slow as ****, i have to tape up one side on both of them cuase they are ****ed and warped and poped off the dust cover, they are uterly slow beyond belief, i spin my back wheel as hard as i can, spins for 18 seconds, front one spins for 34, and i remember spinnning pobies and its normal smoothness and spun for 8 minutes plus i think

is this a good deal?
should i buy some alex tripple walls with free agent hubs and like hella smooth, io think sealed bearing two, front and back 14mm, for 50 bucks used form a friend... and they are hella unused cuase he rarely rides

O

oibmxpunx

buy new rims post #2
tru them

R

rocket

buy new rims post #3
you actually count the seconds?? wow.....you need to just get with the program...and yeah, tru your rims.

C

casperh

buy new rims post #4
:oops:

S

sentaafEQpovar

buy new rims post #5
no rim tuer, and it cost like 15bucks to get them trued, + since they so wobbely that a rim truing wont do much..... only big difference i can think a wobbely rim makes my brakes not work, and maybe harder to manuel

but the point of this thread,
sentaafEQpovar said:
is this a good deal?
should i buy some alex tripple walls with free agent hubs and like hella smooth, io think sealed bearing two, front and back 14mm, for 50 bucks used form a friend... and they are hella unused cuase he rarely rides
ps, im not very weigh concouios

O

oibmxpunx

buy new rims post #6
buy them then

A

ashton

buy new rims post #7
yea alex tripple walls are strong as hell. i have alex mx22 they are doeble wall and they are hella strong have only a very slight wobble in the back from hitting the coping after airing a quarter...

M

Mr_Shrapnel

buy new rims post #8
whats with all the "hella"

I

infantry43RIDER

buy new rims post #9
duh its the "in" word... :roll:

S

sentaafEQpovar

buy new rims post #10
itrs a california thing,m you wouldnt understand

I

infantry43RIDER

buy new rims post #11
and how would you know if he would understand?

its not just california anymore...sorry.

A

ashton

buy new rims post #12
well im from australia and it was in a while ago but i dunno why i said it before... i think it was cause i couldnt think of another word to go there at the time... thats what happens when your on holidays from school...

F

federal_rider12

buy new rims post #13
like i said before it doesnt seem like u know exactly whats goin on so u should let a shop take care of everythin since u overtighten the hardware which screws up ur bearings

@

@:::BMXdevil:::@

buy new rims post #14
Do you mean the Supra J rim?
Than you should don't waste your money
I should buy an Odyssey 7k rim its an light rims and also very strong :lol: :D
You can buy that rim on www.flatlandfuel.com

F

federal_rider12

buy new rims post #15
i had mx22s and they suxed!!! and i dont see whats so good bout those 7k rims they r lite(7005 alum) and it is a hazard lite without the extra cross sections for strength and duralectra is a waste of money all it is is a hazard lite rim with an anodized finish to keep the black look last longer and it cost $35 more then hazard lites!!!!!! waste!!!!!!

T

Trevor827

buy new rims post #16
You ignorant kid.. atleast towards bike parts and whatnot.

1/2 wobble? wow! i've gotten my wheel to touch both seat stays. take a spoke wrench or vice grips.. and where ever the wheel bend to.. loosen the spoke that pulls it to that side and tighen the ones on both sides

not hard.

G

buy new rims post #17
what???

H

HRT

buy new rims post #18
my wheels only spin 4 5 seconds and the brakes arn't touchin the rims either?

Sun black box rims with a dk macho thingy on the middle (i think its the hub)?

:oops:

G

buy new rims post #19
maybe your wheels are on strike?

RuLe

RuLe

buy new rims post #20
i want spinners

New Topics