Bunnyhops...Endos

• Discuss Bunnyhops...Endos in the Beginners / New to BMX forum in area BMX-Forum Community; Hi, there must have been lots of topics on this but I have a few questions of my own. I have been trying to do bunnyhops on my cross country... ...
  • Tags bike bikes bmx dirt endo jump mountain bike street
O

oli_g86

Bunnyhops...Endos post #1
Hi, there must have been lots of topics on this but I have a few questions of my own.

I have been trying to do bunnyhops on my cross country mountain bike but I cant manage to lift the back end up once the front is in the air. I know its a mountain bike but iisn't it the same method as it is on a BMX?

I've decided to get a wethepeople DareDevil. Also in dirtjumping do u have to know how to bunnyhop to take off from a jump?

Thanks,
Oli

D

dot_calm

Bunnyhops...Endos post #2
i just pump or pull up on dirt jumps, so u may be ok, but for bunny hops pull up the front tire as high as u can than grip your feet into the pedal and make shure ur toes are facing the ground, than push foward and should get your bake one up

ENDO: just push forward and move your toes facing towards the ground in the process of pushing forward

O

oli_g86

Bunnyhops...Endos post #3
cool thanks. I already know the method, its just pulling it off on a cross country mountain bike is pretty hard.

Anyways, I have narrowed my choice of bikes down to:

Hoffman Disruptor EL2
"" Rythem EL2
wethepeople Dare devil

which one for street/dirt

B

bones

Bunnyhops...Endos post #4
we the people better value i reckon and looks nice that hoffman in brown looks like turd on wheels ! what country in the uk u live in ?

O

oli_g86

Bunnyhops...Endos post #5
i live in Birmingham. What i need to do is to meet some riders who are willing to have a begginer tagging along...

Anyways about the bike...i'll most likely get the wethepeople, but i'll go to my local BMX shop tomoz and consult the dude there.

Also what did u guys do when u first got ur bikes? Did u go straight to a park and ride the ramps and grinds?

D

dot_calm

Bunnyhops...Endos post #6
i just rode around my street jumping curbs and such than moved to dirt ramps ans such, never got around to a park yet

O

oli_g86

Bunnyhops...Endos post #7
yea i suppose thats logical. I just gotta nail the bunnyhop...how long did it take you guys to learn how to. I've tried so hard on my mountain bike but i cant lift the back end up.

B

bones

Bunnyhops...Endos post #8
dont worry bout he mountain bike its easier i think on a bmx it takes a long time to get a bunny hop it took me two weeks but im glad i learnt it

B

bones

Bunnyhops...Endos post #9
plus dont come rushing in to bmx and expect to being flying out of quarters and trails ather 5 minutes of riding if thats the way it was every one would do it be paitent man and that is my ramble over :p 8)

F

FOL

Bunnyhops...Endos post #10
about the endo (it is more of a riding endo), check the first link in the great bunnyhop topic. It explains hwo to get the backwheel up.

O

oli_g86

Bunnyhops...Endos post #11
i can do it on my mountain bike. My BMX should arrive tommorow or on monday, so i'll practice on it then. The hard part is to combine lifting the front up with the endo....once i get that i should get a bunnyhop.

I can do a small jump whilst lifting the front and back simultaneously, which is pretty easy.

F

FOL

Bunnyhops...Endos post #12
oli_g86 said:
i can do it on my mountain bike. My BMX should arrive tommorow or on monday, so i'll practice on it then. The hard part is to combine lifting the front up with the endo....once i get that i should get a bunnyhop.

I can do a small jump whilst lifting the front and back simultaneously, which is pretty easy.
a) it isn't an endo actually
b) lifting back and front at the same time is indeed pretty easy, but you can't get as high with it as a real bunnyhop :)

T

Trimix

Bunnyhops...Endos post #13
bones said:
plus dont come rushing in to bmx and expect to being flying out of quarters and trails ather 5 minutes of riding if thats the way it was every one would do it be paitent man and that is my ramble over :p 8)
Yea, it takes time. The only thing I will say is that "bunnyhopping well" is very important and beneificial to future overall riding.

D

dragon

Bunnyhops...Endos post #14

hehe :twisted:

N

naturehombre

Bunnyhops...Endos post #15
top hop!....try the vanderhop table top! im havin trouble pushin down with pedals.could that just be worn studs and slippy shoes??!!

Federal_Foundation

Federal_Foundation

Bunnyhops...Endos post #16
i learned bunnyhoping by standing on the back pegs, but that messed me up later because i would start pulling up the back tire as soon as the front was up giving me about a 3 inch hop so dont make the same mistake as me :wink:

New Topics