bunnyhopping

• Discuss bunnyhopping in the Beginners / New to BMX forum in area BMX-Forum Community; i know this takes time but i can only get about 4 inches or so and i have watched every tut out there lol most of them a crap and show me how to j... ...
shrike

shrike

bunnyhopping post #1
i know this takes time but i can only get about 4 inches or so and i have watched every tut out there lol
most of them a crap and show me how to j hop. i guess i just need some guidance from a good rider i dont want to hear that text book stuff as i found that doesnt help me much.if anyone could help that would be great.

A

AlexB

bunnyhopping post #2
Pull up the front high. Pop the back hard.

If you can bunnyhop 4 inchs, just keep particing.

In like a hour from like 4-6 inchs I learnt to hop about a foot?

ANiMaL xNJx

ANiMaL xNJx

bunnyhopping post #4
if you can already hop 4 inches then you obviously know how to do the trick, so the best advice you're going to get is to keep practicing. pull the front end up as high as you can and push forward.

mack_turtle

mack_turtle

bunnyhopping post #6
stop using the term "j-hop" immediately. a bunnyhop is a bunnyhop. no one but ghetto rats who don't know what they are talking about use the term j-hop.

shrike- what's your bike setup? i ask because a lot of beginners start with a really long back end setup or their bars too far forward and that can really affect your ability to hop.

dsboy

dsboy

bunnyhopping post #7
well one thing that got me to hop higher is, make sure you push like back and up on your pedals when you pull up the front

Sibmx101

Sibmx101

bunnyhopping post #8
just lift up higher and go harder and main thing is keep practicing because you've already got the technique you just gotta practice... keep at it and you'll get there ... good luck

Chaosbiker

Chaosbiker

bunnyhopping post #9
Practice, Practice and practice ,you will eventually get there.

Jake Eats Cake

Jake Eats Cake

bunnyhopping post #10
Pulllllllllllll

shrike

shrike

bunnyhopping post #11
how far should my bars be. and somewhere i saw that some people said that you should lower your seat all the way down. will that help?

ANiMaL xNJx

ANiMaL xNJx

bunnyhopping post #12
how far should my bars be. and somewhere i saw that some people said that you should lower your seat all the way down. will that help?
lowering your seat isn't really necessary for bunnyhops, it's just the latest trend and looks nice.

mack_turtle

mack_turtle

bunnyhopping post #13
saddle hieght is a personal thing. of course if it's extremely high, it can get in the way. a low seat is more of an aesthetic thing and it's trendy.

your bars should be angled about level with your fork. maybe a degree or two forward of back from that. look through photos of bikes on the "bike checks" section for an idea of where to put them.

shrike

shrike

bunnyhopping post #14
thanks for all the help. :D

New Topics