Bunnyhopping technique!

• Discuss Bunnyhopping technique! in the General BMX Forum forum in area BMX-Forum Community; Right guys, I need a proper technique for bunnyhopping. A detailed description if you will. So far I've been told to roll forward, jump (like, lift... ...
  • Tags bmx jump manual nose manual
H

Highbinder

Bunnyhopping technique! post #1
Right guys, I need a proper technique for bunnyhopping. A detailed description if you will.

So far I've been told to roll forward, jump (like, lift feet with pedals) and roll your hands forward. Doesn't seem to work very well, but then again I'm new to riding a BMX.

So... help! 8)

T

T34418L3_1

Bunnyhopping technique! post #2
Here is the way i do them and this might help u.

1. Roll at a comfortable speed

2. You should start to crouch like your going jump.

3. Pull up your front wheel and start to jump(u should be almost in a standing position now.)

4. Start to jump. Push forward on the bars to bring the up back wheel and to level the bike out.

The next part is where the good bunnyhoppers get the height. It is all about tucking.

5. If u want to get a little more height you must tuck your knees into your chest and get your ass behind your seat. Some people tuck so high there ass hits there tire.

This should help but if your still stumped you should pickup rides magazines "Basics" video.

L

Leigh

Bunnyhopping technique! post #4
i usually like to do a j-hop kinda thing. like do a little manual before hand, and then kick your back wheel up. i find it helps me get a lot more momentum going either upwards, or gapping forward. focus on the way you move your body weight, and it should work out. hope this helped :)

T

Taj

Bunnyhopping technique! post #5
just practice

just keep doing them never give up

A

Anonymous

Bunnyhopping technique! post #6
the only thing i can add to T1's description is to wait 'till your balanced over your rear tire to jump. fire your legs when your in a sort of crouched manual position. just keep riding. they'll get better inevitably.

H

Haggared_Bmxer

Bunnyhopping technique! post #7
No NO No thats all rong first try just ursing ur wieght and ur feet to sort of endo while moving with out lifing the front basically try and nose manual

1. Use ur wrists to push bars

2. Ur weight to rock forward

3. kinda of a kick back with ur legs to lift ( use grip on petals to lift)

then once u can get ur back up the just lift the front and do the same on the back its easy then u can try and nose manual things like stuff i duNN!O

A

Anonymous

Bunnyhopping technique! post #8
um no the way u describe it it sounds like a nollie.

H

Highbinder

Bunnyhopping technique! post #9
I thought nollie was a skateboard term? You are meaning back wheel off the ground first, right?

How about donkey kicking (or whatever you may call it), I can get hte backwheel about a foot and a bit off the ground.

A

Anonymous

Bunnyhopping technique! post #10
yeah i meant back wheel off the ground first but i have never heard of the term donkey kicking.

H

Highbinder

Bunnyhopping technique! post #11
Donkey Kicking is just lifting the backwheel off the ground while rolling forward, you can use it to drop down ledges when your going parallel to them backwheel first. Its shweet.

A

Anonymous

Bunnyhopping technique! post #12
so its just an endo then. hey do u have msn or yahoo or aol instant messager. id like to talk to u more since u r one of the only good guys on this site besides me and swirly.

G

Bunnyhopping technique! post #13
what? how can a guest reply?

G

Bunnyhopping technique! post #14
how can a gust reply?

zealot_53

zealot_53

Bunnyhopping technique! post #15
yea i agree...how does a guest reply???? 8O

G

Bunnyhopping technique! post #16
kinda weird huh?

R

reyesjr02

Bunnyhopping technique! post #17
yeah, considering how the post was 2 years ago. the forum was probably a lot more buggy back then.

New Topics