bunnyhope pain

• Discuss bunnyhope pain in the General BMX Forum forum in area BMX-Forum Community; hey all, im just wondering if im doing the bunny hope right i normallydo flatland but im trying a wee bit of street. So anyway how i do the bunny hope... ...
  • Tags bike jump
smay

smay

bunnyhope pain post #1
hey all, im just wondering if im doing the bunny hope right i normallydo flatland but im trying a wee bit of street. So anyway how i do the bunny hope is pull the front wheel up thenpush off (forward)and then push down when at the top of my push but when i come down theres like a shock that goes to my arms and t hurts, in case this matter my bike ways alot!, its a mongoose that i got from sportscheck (dont make fun please lol).well if theres any tips or somthing it would help :?: :?:

old_school_goose

old_school_goose

bunnyhope pain post #2
hey, i dont know how your getting pain from bunny hops, but i'll tell you how i do them. i bring the front end up atleast a foot, however much your comfortable with, then i simply try and bend my knees while the fron end is up. concentrate on bring your bike up with you while bending your knees. there is really no set way to do a bunny hop, i know theres tons. and hey dont worry, i also ride an old 98 goose. with about 500 dollars (canadian) you can make it a pretty good bike. good luck :)

smay

smay

bunnyhope pain post #3
alright man thanxs.it hurts cuz when i come down its like front end first, i dunno its messed. yeh my goose cost bout $300-$400 cant remember but i gotta deal on it cuz i knew a guy who knew a guy its like 40lbs with everything on it lol its craziness and the frame brakes suck but im getting new fronts pretty much as we speak. but newayz thanxs ill keep trying. btw nice pic :lol:

Clutch

Clutch

bunnyhope pain post #4
I think you might be landing wrong, try and keep the bike either fairly level or have the back tire land first... You want to use as much of your body to absorb the impact as possible. Which means BEND, you're not a stick, and if you tense up you'll hurt yourself.

Every once in a while I land pretty hard, but really you should never be hurting yourself from a bunny hop; unless you fall.

Clutch

Clutch

bunnyhope pain post #5
PS: It's a Bunny HOP, not "Hope"...

J

Julle^

bunnyhope pain post #6
Isnt it bunnyJUMP? :( Or can you say both?

smay

smay

bunnyhope pain post #7
lol sorry im a bit aleterate (probably didnt spell that right either) but thanxs just you lift up from tire then throw your body forward if u think about it you'll land on your front tire:S

T

Trimix

bunnyhope pain post #8
Julle^ said:
Isnt it bunnyJUMP? :( Or can you say both?
It is actually....a bunnyjump/hop/hope/prohop/Jhop

F

FOL

bunnyhope pain post #9
Don't lie trimix! IT is a bunnyhop :p

eh, especially in the start, your technique sucks and you don't made that motion often, so your muscles aren't used to it. It gets better

X

XIII

bunnyhope pain post #10
I call it a ProHop or Stallion if u do a manual first

smay

smay

bunnyhope pain post #11
this is about the pain i get from bunny w/e the heck your feel liek calling it not how you spell/say it sheesh lol :lol:

old_school_goose

old_school_goose

bunnyhope pain post #12
stallion sounds pretty col i'm going to say that now lol

smay

smay

bunnyhope pain post #13
the pain remember? :?:

T

Trimix

bunnyhope pain post #14
Only thing I can say is that your arms are just not use to it, ligaments and muscles take time to get use to the YANKING,....it takes. Maybe? I dunno.....

So you can do a front pull, and a nice high endo by themselves? How high can you hop?

smay

smay

bunnyhope pain post #15
ummm about as high asa curb :), i found out that part of the reason is my beastly bike i tryed it on Jordans and felt nothing. :) i should just geta lighter frame

smay

smay

bunnyhope pain post #16
i gotta a light frame thats lika flatland one from the thrift store down the street itsa no name brand and everything but the thing is so light i can bunny hop alot higher and it does not hurt nemore when i do hop :) i like it. :D

New Topics