Bunnyhop at speed

• Discuss Bunnyhop at speed in the Street Riding forum in area BMX-Forum Community; I've been bmxing for bout a month, and this is the question: when bunnyhopping, do i have to get my front tire up by pedaling? If not, then how? ...
  • Tags bmx
B

bak3r

Bunnyhop at speed post #1
I've been bmxing for bout a month, and this is the question: when bunnyhopping, do i have to get my front tire up by pedaling? If not, then how?

L

liquiduz

Bunnyhop at speed post #2
lean forward after front tire is up :p
hihi, learned today anyway, it is EASy :)
and i even dont have a bmx yet, just a fat and heavy one :D

B

bak3r

Bunnyhop at speed post #3
liquiduz said:
, no the thing is, : DO i have to screw my pedals to get my tire up? if i don't, then my front tire gets up very low

C

crm829

Bunnyhop at speed post #4
what do you mean my pedaling. just pull it up like a manuel.

T

Trimix

Bunnyhop at speed post #5
Manuel doesn't like it when you pull too hard on him :lol: How about MANUAL? Just kidding ya'.....

T

Trimix

Bunnyhop at speed post #6
bak3r said:
liquiduz said:
, no the thing is, : DO i have to screw my pedals to get my tire up? if i don't, then my front tire gets up very low
First I would not suggest *screwing* your pedals, as this might hurt....but if you mean pedaling...there is NOT a need to pedal during a bunnyhop. If you cannot, while rolling along (not pedaling), yank the front end up 2 feet by ITSELF....then you need to work on that first. If you cannot get the front wheel up, and the back wheel up by themselves....I dunno...I would work on doing that first.

V

Vic_Vega

Bunnyhop at speed post #7
Hmmmm....Why is it that there are a gazillion versions of this post on this forum? Do people suck THAT bad??? My 10 year old brother can bunnyhop! He figured it out ON HIS OWN...if you have probs with this trick after a couple days(i mean CANT do it, not do it grip high or anything like that) id reconsider BMX.

B

Blood Puddle

Bunnyhop at speed post #8
I just lift up on the handlebars while coasting and kinda "hug" the frame with my legs (while slightly crouching) and then I decompress my spine like a spring and shoot right up... no pedaling needed.

F

flaky

Bunnyhop at speed post #9
its easy, just pull up the front tire, then like bend forward a little bit, and try to get the back tire up in air :p

I

infantry43RIDER

Bunnyhop at speed post #10
wow...
you people seriously need some intrustion video like from transworld or ride magazine..seriously.

D

dirtystreetrider

Bunnyhop at speed post #11
there is a WICKED website in which it takes you thourgh alll the basics of bunnyhopping it has made my bunnyhopping increase 1 foot which is amazing, it is http://www.bmxbasics.org/new/bmx0703.html#rachelmid
and it has great trick tips with explaining videos for newbies to pros.

C

CorrosiveBlade

Bunnyhop at speed post #12
ya so im pretty new to bmx but i got a link from some1 who posted it (i forget who but thx!! :D ) the site is http://www.bmxbasics.org/new/bmx0703.html
and it rly rly rly help you learn how to bunny hop, the first day i saw this site i was starting to do small bunny hops, its rly good.

C

CorrosiveBlade

Bunnyhop at speed post #13
LOL the post was rite ther ontop of mine! :?

D

dirtystreetrider

Bunnyhop at speed post #14
its a really unknown website but its 10 times better than crappy espn

E

Element Biker Dude

Bunnyhop at speed post #15
i realy find it funny when ppl post sh*t like this when they can look back to post from a way back

I

infantry43RIDER

Bunnyhop at speed post #16
wow you noticed?

Peter

Peter

Bunnyhop at speed post #17
pull the handle bars up to ur stomach then push 4ward and tuck the ass of ur bike. the faster u do that the higher u will go. speed will make it harder.

I

itsallinthemix

Bunnyhop at speed post #18
wow... 17 posts into a bunnyhop thread and nobody has said PRACTICE PRACTICE PRACTICE yet!!!!! lol

PS: if you use the SEARCH for "bunnyhop" by thread title only - you get 133 results! use it! :wink:

B

bmxanimal

Bunnyhop at speed post #19
practise dude :p ^^^^^

rgy1993

rgy1993

Bunnyhop at speed post #20
ok whos the dumbass that resurfaced a thread from 4 years ago? -_-

New Topics