Building New Wheels Which hubs and spokes?

• Discuss Building New Wheels Which hubs and spokes? in the BMX Bike Tech forum in area BMX-Forum Community; +REP TO HELPFULL I bent my back rim and I have horrible stock tires, so I am going to change out everything. Here is what I was thinking of... ...
L

leggomyeggow

Building New Wheels Which hubs and spokes? post #1
+REP TO HELPFULL

I bent my back rim and I have horrible stock tires, so I am going to change out everything. Here is what I was thinking of getting.

If you think I should get different rims of tires please tell me, I want to hear what you have to say.

FRONT
Tire: Ruben Folding 2.25
Rim: Odyssey 7KA
Hub: ???
Spokes: ???

BACK
Tire Folding Ruben 2.15
Rim: Odyssey 7AK
Hub: ???
Spokes: ???

I want my back hub to be loud:D
I guess that wouldn't be the casette but I am not too familiar with hubs/cassetes/freewheels. So help me out!

+REP TO HLPFULL

Last edited:
fitbmxer

fitbmxer

Building New Wheels Which hubs and spokes? post #2
profile or primo hubs

and dt swiss spokes

L

leggomyeggow

Building New Wheels Which hubs and spokes? post #3
S

Sick

Building New Wheels Which hubs and spokes? post #4
profile hubs are very loud, the cheaper loud version would be a proper 8000 but i didnt hear that one in real...just heard from folks...
Tires i would say, take some fit foldables...I like their grip and their linestyle

Jake Eats Cake

Jake Eats Cake

Building New Wheels Which hubs and spokes? post #5
yer most people will tell you (including me) that profile hubs are the way to go.... mind you they are quite expensive . but well worth the money if you can afford them

cheaper but stil good cassette hubs would be proper or primo mix cassette or the oddysey hazard cassette

S

Sick

Building New Wheels Which hubs and spokes? post #6
I actually got the Hazard Lite Cassette and its way too quiet...
There are some vids on youtube where people is showing the loudness of their Hubs...

ED: Wheres my Rep?!? xD

Last edited by a moderator:
E RaK

E RaK

Building New Wheels Which hubs and spokes? post #7
Get Odyssey Aitken k-lyte folding tires. They are light and fast

for hubs go with Profile or Madera (Madera is made by Orofile) because they are bulletproof and light

For spokes i would go with those DT Swiss ones ive been hearing so much good stuff about

L

leggomyeggow

Building New Wheels Which hubs and spokes? post #8
How do I know how many teeth on the cog I should get? I am also getting a new sprocket so what would be a good ratio?

S

Sick

Building New Wheels Which hubs and spokes? post #9
Sprocket - Hub

25 - 9
28 - 10
30 - 11

Do it how you like it, you just shouldnt have like 30 - 9, I prefer 25 - 11 but its a question to your taste...

L

Lay

Building New Wheels Which hubs and spokes? post #10
Shadow conspiracy Rant V2 Cassette Hub (72 Engagement points), Shadow Conspiracy Rant Front hub. You can go with DT Swiss spokes.
A Good Ratio is 28-10, Any lower than 10 and it puts stress on your chain.

L

leggomyeggow

Building New Wheels Which hubs and spokes? post #11
Since I have the money should I just go for the Profile mini cassette? Or do you think conspiracy or odyssey is better?

S

Sick

Building New Wheels Which hubs and spokes? post #12
AW: Building New Wheels Which hubs and spokes?

If you dont need the money for sth other take the profile Mini....

C1in7

C1in7

Building New Wheels Which hubs and spokes? post #13
Get a KHE Asten hub with primo spokes laced to a odyssey hazard lite rim.
uber

B

BMXer713

Building New Wheels Which hubs and spokes? post #15
Is the eastern niner, 1 or 2 any good? they seem cheap for a stock if your looking for a stock

atl

atl

Building New Wheels Which hubs and spokes? post #16
why do you want your hub to be loud? profile is nice but they dont even make an allen end to their axle so working on them is great fun. I would say the wtp supreme is the loudest hub ive ever heard waaaay louder than a mix. like so loud that when you film it ruins the video and drowns out your ipod. (that is so useful) I am guessing when the ratchet comes out it will be loudest.

E RaK

E RaK

Building New Wheels Which hubs and spokes? post #17
Is the eastern niner, 1 or 2 any good? they seem cheap for a stock if your looking for a stock
These hubs are both unsealed

gttour2

gttour2

Building New Wheels Which hubs and spokes? post #18
yer most people will tell you (including me) that profile hubs are the way to go.... mind you they are quite expensive . but well worth the money if you can afford them

cheaper but stil good cassette hubs would be proper or primo mix cassette or the oddysey hazard cassette
maderas are the exact same thing as profiles, but alot cheaper.

for loud, WTP, and shadow hubs are loud. so are primo just in more of like a buzz.

front hub would be madera, or vandero, or g- sport, or even fly..

L

leggomyeggow

Building New Wheels Which hubs and spokes? post #19
Is there a video or somthing that has the we the people hub spinning?

atl

atl

Building New Wheels Which hubs and spokes? post #20
get some flowmasters for your hub and when you cut your bars down and realize its not trendy weld the pieces back on. do you have a striped shirt and bandana you can throw on for a photo op too?

New Topics