brakes springs and levers

• Discuss brakes springs and levers in the General BMX Forum forum in area BMX-Forum Community; My brakes work alirght when i pull them and come to a stop, but then the levers stay in the braking position and dont spring back to the normal place... ...
S

stolen_rider

brakes springs and levers post #1
My brakes work alirght when i pull them and come to a stop, but then the levers stay in the braking position and dont spring back to the normal place. How do i make them spring back to the original postition.
(photos would be great)

A

All_about_the_Dragon

brakes springs and levers post #2
Wot brakes r they?

S

stolen_rider

brakes springs and levers post #3
there tektro u brakes with tektro levers

A

All_about_the_Dragon

brakes springs and levers post #4
u-brakes...sorry, like ad990's? im not up2date wiv me brakes...

P

Pyro insaine

brakes springs and levers post #5
probably if u put some wd40 on the lever spring and the cable ( the silver part not the black covering ) but if it doesnt work u should try ridin breakless
It takes a lb off ur bike

O

OdysseyRider

brakes springs and levers post #6
Tighten ur springs by loosening the mount bolts, and using an adjustable wrench and adjsting the left spring clockwise and the right spring counter clockwise, or get evolvers, they show u which way to do it.

R

reyesjr02

brakes springs and levers post #7
shit, i wish i wouldve known that. i took off my brakes when that happened

Clutch

Clutch

brakes springs and levers post #8
OdysseyRider said:
Tighten ur springs by loosening the mount bolts, and using an adjustable wrench and adjsting the left spring clockwise and the right spring counter clockwise, or get evolvers, they show u which way to do it.
You have that reversed, he doesn't have Odyssey evolvers my friend... Tektro's are the opposite of what you just said.

S

stolen_rider

brakes springs and levers post #9
im pretty sure ive tried tightening them springs before but ill give it another go. Am i trying to tighten then as much as i can?

T

Todd

brakes springs and levers post #10
You have a kinked cable somewhere, look for a mark on your cables that looks like a bend or something, if you cant find it it's probaly in the first cable out of your lever anyway, replace it and test.

New Topics