Brakes or no brakes?

• Discuss Brakes or no brakes? in the General BMX Forum forum in area BMX-Forum Community; Well my question is should i even bother haveing brakes or should i continue to do what i have always done go brakeless? My next qestion is how... ...
  • Tags dirt dirt jumping jump street
B

bob fat bob

Brakes or no brakes? post #1
Well my question is should i even bother haveing brakes or should i continue to do what i have always done go brakeless?

My next qestion is how limited iam i to tricks with out brakes?(for dirt jumping that is?)

fitvanhoman666

fitvanhoman666

Brakes or no brakes? post #2
brakes!!!!
i cant go brakeless i wouldnt even be able to jump dirt or boxes anymore and i always feel better with one finger on the brake

B

bob fat bob

Brakes or no brakes? post #3
I never use brakes not even foot brakes i dunno why?

S

sandmriderbmx

Brakes or no brakes? post #4
brakless, lighter cheaper, i can never react fast enough to hit the brake anyways

M

Matt11

Brakes or no brakes? post #5
If you are going to be dirt jumping brakes are a must. If you are going to fast in a set your going to have to tap your brakes, or if you tag but keep going brakes will stop you from going off the next one.

F

federal_rider12

Brakes or no brakes? post #6
i go with brakes saved me quite a few times and helped me if i got too much speed heading into something im doing. but to go brakeless to save weight doesnt save much at all

S

sandmriderbmx

Brakes or no brakes? post #7
to be honest the reason i go brakless is cause im a lazy bastard,lol

L

leon_luxton

Brakes or no brakes? post #8
i would say front brake or both for flatland..front only for street and back only for dirt..brakless feels SO much smoother though so its up to you :wink:

K

kyle

Brakes or no brakes? post #9
Just go one brake.. the rear one. Whats the idea of having a front brake only for street?

B

bob fat bob

Brakes or no brakes? post #10
There has been a few times where i have had to much speed when hitting doubles and over shooting the landing on the next one. But not to often.

L

leeuw

Brakes or no brakes? post #11
front for street? you sick?
manual mostly needs brakes, ababuca blabla

fitvanhoman666

fitvanhoman666

Brakes or no brakes? post #12
dusty horton is a damn good brakeless rider, he still rides park and hits up the boxes

M

Mr_Shrapnel

Brakes or no brakes? post #13
its up to you man, dont listen to anyone about how set your bike up. its your bike so do what you want. if you think that riding brakless will advantage on in any waydo , if not, dont. however if you havent been riding long its probably best to give brakes a go for a bit.

T

The Worst

Brakes or no brakes? post #14
I ride brakeless, but may put them back on......I ride flatland and thought it would be more interesting without the brakes...

I

infantry43RIDER

Brakes or no brakes? post #15
shrapnel pretty much nailed it...if you feel you will like having brakes then put them on.

i...as most everyone knows now...do not ride brakes...i don't ever feel the need to put them on...it doesn't limit me to do anything at all...i ride street mostly yes but i hit up trails ALL the time when i can and same goes with park...doesn't limit me at all.

one thing though...i get really pissed when people like sandmrider ride no brakes because they are lazy...that is not really cool at all...because see the reason i don't have brakes is not because i never feel like dialing them up or to be different...its just about being me...me as and indivdual..its not a lazy statment...thats just sad.

B

bob fat bob

Brakes or no brakes? post #16
I think iam going to stay brakeless intill i buy another bike for street and just keep the one iam useing now brakeless.

New Topics