Brakes or brakeless

• Discuss Brakes or brakeless in the General BMX Forum forum in area BMX-Forum Community; I just transfered from brakes 2 brake less and a couple guys said im just tryin to be like Edwin but i just got pissed off at brakes and i could cut... ...
P

Pyro insaine

Brakes or brakeless post #1
I just transfered from brakes 2 brake less and a couple guys said im just tryin to be like Edwin but i just got pissed off at brakes and i could cut my bars down more so whats ur oppinion on brakeless and if uve never tryed both than dont state ur oppinion cause u havent got to the point that u wanna brake ur brakes w/ a slege hammer

Clutch

Clutch

Brakes or brakeless post #2
Brakes... I just find that I'm more comfortable having them there. In the end tho, it's all up to you whether you like them or not.

I don't know why some people care so much about what people have and don't have, it should be about the riding.

RuLe

RuLe

Brakes or brakeless post #3
use brakes. makes it easyer to do some tricks that you will learn 1 day and saves your life

ak_freebird

ak_freebird

Brakes or brakeless post #4
I'm a brakeless rider and I like it a lot better. You don't have to worry about dialing your brakes and stuff. You may not be able to do a couple tricks without them but ohh well. I just like the feel of it, having your bars free.

F

federal_rider12

Brakes or brakeless post #5
well for me i can ride both but having brakes makes me feel alot more confident and i tend to get too much speed heading into something and sometimes i need to stop right away before trying something just to double check with what im doing before i do it. but ive riden brakes pretty much all the time so if they arent there it doesnt feel right to me, no matter what anybody tells me. my friends think im *** because i ride brakes, but they can ride what they like, well actually most of them do it to act cool, but they will never make me change my mind

barrog

barrog

Brakes or brakeless post #6
I rode breakless last summer. It makes your bike feel nicer to ride with because you dont have any levers or anything on the bars. It sometimes forces you to learn things. I ride brakes now but sometimes when they don't work I feel like taking em off

B

bruisedbob

Brakes or brakeless post #7
Rear brake. The trails near here are very fast and not very lenient. Also too many close calls with yuppy vehicles not to love nice stopping power.

*Brakeless now after disastrous attempt to move brake mounts

T

The Worst

Brakes or brakeless post #8
Pyro insaine said:
I just transfered from brakes 2 brake less and a couple guys said im just tryin to be like Edwin but i just got pissed off at brakes and i could cut my bars down more so whats ur oppinion on brakeless and if uve never tryed both than dont state ur oppinion cause u havent got to the point that u wanna brake ur brakes w/ a slege hammer
KICK THEIR ASSES!!!!

T

Trails/street/bmx

Brakes or brakeless post #9
Pyro insaine said:
I kinda have that prob tho
i want to ride brakeless too because its lighter and you will learn how to pull more tricks faster i fink :?
o and i have some chrome rims in a few weeks and i want to ride brakeless so the chrome wont slip of my rims in a few months

F

federal_rider12

Brakes or brakeless post #10
to ride brakeless to save weight just doesnt really save weight. at the most itll take off a pound, and a pound isnt much at all, but that is like with the heaviest brake components

M

Mr_Shrapnel

Brakes or brakeless post #11
its up to your personal choice, there is not one which is better than the other. however it seems a little silly to take your brakes off just because you dont like dialing them in, or if you want your bars a liitle shorter.

F

FT rider

Brakes or brakeless post #12
people who take their brakes off to "lighten" their bikes are kinda being dumb, and people who cant be bothered to fix them are also dumb its not hard. i think the reason i took mine off and why most people do it is because to them not everyone it makes riding more interesting

F

FOL

Brakes or brakeless post #13
FT rider: Too lazy to adjust them and such is another possiblity. I took my back brakes of on my flatland bike, because I hardly use them and they were irritating me alot when fixing my rear wheel, so I took it out and didn't put it back on...

F

FT rider

Brakes or brakeless post #14
i guess your right then FOL actuali i meant if they are annoying BUT you use them, as you clearly do not, then its a dumb reason, if its a large element of your riding then i guess its dumb , but if you dont use them theres no point

M

MuffinMan

Brakes or brakeless post #15
if you ride f latland, i can see why you would have no brakes, but if your street and dirt, there like a must because of hard stops n shit. i feel my brakes as a security option :wink:

S

s&mpbr88

Brakes or brakeless post #16
brakeless all the way mofugga

K

kater

Brakes or brakeless post #17
I'm brakeless to. Just ride street and there's no need for a brake.

X

x1-scotty

Brakes or brakeless post #18
i have a rear brake on my bike. im thinking of taking the gyro off and only have front brakes. i ride alot of park though

I

infantry43RIDER

Brakes or brakeless post #19
that would be pretty awesome if you rode front brake only...i have seen it a few times and it not only looks cool...but from the riders i have talked to that have a front brake only setup...they seem to really like it.

O

orangebeast91489

Brakes or brakeless post #20
if you want your shoes to last have a brake, and they dont weigh that much..and if you think setting them up is a pain, try setting up magura hs33s...

New Topics