• Total voters
D

DrunkPunk180

brakes or brakeless? post #1
do u ride brakes or breakeless........which and why

RuLe

RuLe

brakes or brakeless? post #2
dude ride brakes. even if you think you dotn need them. they can save your life. i almost got hit (and this was only 1 day not everyday i day) anyways 1 day we rode 7miles to a bike shop just to ride and have fun and almost got hit 3times. 2 of the times i had to use my brakes an dmy friend (primo) in a parking lot and this lady pulled infrotn of him. he held hes brakes and came inches from hitting the car and after was like a 10foot tire mark lol but really get brakes (not a gyro) unless your pro and do bar spins or the ass and crap but get a straight cable to be lighter and get good brakes

Also you need brakes for

tire taps
manualls (not all people)
rollouts (not all)
save yourself from getting hit!
be able to ride without worrying about stoping

D

DrunkPunk180

brakes or brakeless? post #3
i ride brakes i was just wondering why other people ride brakeless and some people think brakeless is great but i don`t know why

RuLe

RuLe

brakes or brakeless? post #4
DrunkPunk180 said:
i ride brakes i was just wondering why other people ride brakeless and some people think brakeless is great but i don`t know why

maybe light weight but when they say that. i think to myself (dumbass's) thats liek saying i dont need a seat because i dont sit down and it saves me weight also

L

leon_luxton

brakes or brakeless? post #5
i have just a front brake cos that all i need at the moment for flatland :D

F

FOL

brakes or brakeless? post #6
I got front and back brakes on my flatland and street bike...

well I don't need back brakes on my flatland bike and no front brakes at my street bike, but hey, they aren't in the way, so no reason tot ake them off. (both gyro's btw)

M

Mr_Shrapnel

brakes or brakeless? post #7

F

federal_rider12

brakes or brakeless? post #8
i ride brakes because they have saved my life quite a few times and help me with my speed and sometimes control because i tend to get too much speed heading into something

I

infantry43RIDER

brakes or brakeless? post #9
see i don't ride where the cars are...so i could never say how they saved my life.
i just decided to ride brakeless and i love it...it has become a part of my bike riding...if i ever put brakes back on it would be cool though...i don't hate brakes.
i HAVE tried almost every setup possible and i have come to the conclusion that riding without brakes is the way that i ride my best and its the most fun for me as an individual BMX rider.

F

federal_rider12

brakes or brakeless? post #10
well i tend to find spots i like to ride in cities and its like always near a road

S

sandmriderbmx

brakes or brakeless? post #11
i just like brakless becausde i dont like hving to tighten my brakes all the time, just less mantenince

W

William

brakes or brakeless? post #12
Ride with brakes, it’s the smart thing to do! (That’s what Sparky the fire/bicycle safety dog told me in grade 1) he also told me to were a helmet, not to ride at night, and not to do tricks, meh, 1 out of four isn’t bad. 25% Ya!

F

frog

brakes or brakeless? post #13
whats wrong with gyros? gyros rock. so they weigh a little more, who cares. if you get a odyssey gtx-r and other light gyro parts it dosent weigh that much.

T

The Worst

brakes or brakeless? post #14
I ride flatland brakeless....mine didnt work and I am cheap....and the levers would always get in the way caz if I am mid trick and need something to grab a loose brake lever wont do the trick...so after countless snapped cables I decided to romove them and re learn most my tricks....I think it is a bit more fun this way caz you get to put your own style into learning tricks other people are doing but its more challenging for you....but doesnt have to be IF you make ur OWN way to do it....and THATS why I love BMX....or THATS why I ride brakeless...whatever this thread is about.

RuLe

RuLe

brakes or brakeless? post #15
frog said:
whats wrong with gyros? gyros rock. so they weigh a little more, who cares. if you get a odyssey gtx-r and other light gyro parts it dosent weigh that much.

that cost 44 bucks. gyros are good if u do barspins but if u dont get rid of that dam thing

I

infantry43RIDER

brakes or brakeless? post #16
you really don't need a gyro even if you do spin your bars a lot...
but yea...it would be smarter to have one...that also includes doing tricks like...

tailwhips
barspins
truckdrives

without a gyro...you might be limited on how many combinations of those tricks you could to as well.

just a thought.

F

FT rider

brakes or brakeless? post #17
rule you are wrong by the way i know a lot of brakeless riders including me who do tire taps brakeless anyway i ride brakeless because i think for me it makes bmx riding even more interesting, and i ride in the middle of a city and in roads and i seem to be ok so far

Clutch

Clutch

brakes or brakeless? post #18
Brakes...

I run brakes because I feel comfortable with them, and they are there if I need to use them.

L

leeuw

brakes or brakeless? post #19
RuLe said:
DrunkPunk180 said:

maybe light weight but when they say that. i think to myself (dumbass's) thats liek saying i dont need a seat because i dont sit down and it saves me weight also
thanks mate, i ride no seat at the moment :roll:
but i'm not cause my seatclamp broke and hell, my bike only weighs 12.9 kg now :roll:

C

cpb rider

brakes or brakeless? post #20
my brakes haven't been working for a long time so I got used to ride and do tricks brakeless. I've found more fun riding brakeless. Although it takes me longer to pull tricks I feel more satisfaction when finally I do them.

New Topics