brake question....

• Discuss brake question.... in the General BMX Forum forum in area BMX-Forum Community; im getting a new brake setup and was wondering if 1.5m of cable is long enough or should i get 1.8? and i cba to cut it as i always mess it up... i... ...
00G-Thong

00G-Thong

brake question.... post #1
im getting a new brake setup and was wondering if 1.5m of cable is long enough or should i get 1.8? and i cba to cut it as i always mess it up...
i like it to be long btw..:)
oo and what one a slick or linear whats the difference?

glover

glover

brake question.... post #2
i would go for a 1.8 just incase, better to be safe than sorry.

johnuk

johnuk

brake question.... post #3
take a piece of string 1.8m long and see how it looks, then try 1.5m

get linear if you want to do bar spins, teflon lining helps prevent sticking - but i've never had a cable stick in my entire life anyway

if you're cutting lines, you need a pair of sharp wire cutting jaws on your pliars - makes a big difference

remember to remove the cable it's self before cutting the liner, i watched my mate slice through his actual cable while fitting his new line

Last edited:
00G-Thong

00G-Thong

brake question.... post #4
ok ill try all these methods cheers... yer i do barspins and stuff...been practicing hop bar spins... real hard... so ill need a linear,,

ok thanks guys + props :D

Creepozoid

Creepozoid

brake question.... post #5
Linear, 1.5 is fine. 1.8m is fuggin long

Jake Eats Cake

Jake Eats Cake

brake question.... post #6
might aswell get the 1.8 cause you can always cut it down

or get a gyro :]

00G-Thong

00G-Thong

brake question.... post #7
gyro i liek the look of tehm but i dont really need it... cause i rarely barspin and just give a few attempts at tailwhips..so... well i dunno.. i might think about it.

anyone run a 1.5 or 1.8 m cables? or seen pics? i hate having short cables..

H

Hermes

brake question.... post #8
1.8 is good...can always go shorter if you need to

00G-Thong

00G-Thong

brake question.... post #9
ite ill get the 1.8 then.... ill see if i like it then shorten it if i can someway

mack_turtle

mack_turtle

brake question.... post #10
LUBE YOUR CABLE!

Tri-flow is good.

PY

PY

brake question.... post #11
1.5m is far too long anyway. But if they're the same price go for the 1.8...

R

RedruthRider

brake question.... post #12
I ride a 1.4m cable... I don't Bar spin but I Tail whip n that's fine for me. Ohh n get linear they're soo much better =]

00G-Thong

00G-Thong

brake question.... post #13
ok..ill still get the 1.8m and linear.... and would it work better if i lubed my cable?

Creepozoid

Creepozoid

brake question.... post #14
ok..ill still get the 1.8m and linear.... and would it work better if i lubed my cable?
yes it would. Do yourself a favour and measure from where the brakes are to where your lever is, and tell you need actualy need amost 2 METERS of cable! Its goin to be WAY too long.

00G-Thong

00G-Thong

brake question.... post #15
i cant measure with string... it will be stupid cause i wont be able to measure right as it woint stand as i want it to...so ill jsut get 1.8 and see how i can shorten it...

New Topics