Brake Mounts

• Discuss Brake Mounts in the BMX Bike Tech forum in area BMX-Forum Community; im considerindering cutting off my brake mounts how much does a brake mount weigh? do u cut the piece that goes up to the actuall brake mount? ...
the redeemer

the redeemer

Brake Mounts post #1
im considerindering cutting off my brake mounts
how much does a brake mount weigh?
do u cut the piece that goes up to the actuall brake mount?

chubbs

chubbs

Brake Mounts post #2
Are you seriously that concerned with the weight of your bike?
Your very pathetic.
Also, if you cut them off...it limits the amount of customers you may have if you sell that frame.

the redeemer

the redeemer

Brake Mounts post #3
sry that my stock frame is 6 lbs 3 oz and if they are 2 oz each i wud cut them off but if ther less i wont waste my time
and wat do u ride? prolly a nice as shit bike that is 21 lbs
yea i ride a all stock dk 33 lbs yea

Prodigy

Prodigy

Brake Mounts post #4
the bike doesnt really matter if u give me the same bike as you im pretty sure i can do almost everything the same...brakemounts dont weigh to much but i cut mine off cause my pants would get stuck on them...and riding a 21lb bike is just less effort to do it just doesnt make you tired as fast

bmxertroy

bmxertroy

Brake Mounts post #5
It wouldn't make a noticeable difference in the weight if you cut them off.

I

itsallinthemix

Brake Mounts post #6
yeh i bet in a double blind test you couldn't tell the difference in the weight while riding between having brake mounts and not having brake mounts on your frame. but that said, cutting them off does make the frame look that little bit smoother!!

freethereal

freethereal

Brake Mounts post #7
Cutting off your mounts isnt usually a good idea, unless you really care about having that clean "flush" look. You never know when you may want to throw brakes on. And it wont save you that much weight either.

dirtrider4life

dirtrider4life

Brake Mounts post #8
if you want to save weight take your shoe laces out. they weight about the same

seanmcguire

seanmcguire

Brake Mounts post #9
you're frame is lighter than my used four year old fly diablo frame- mines a bit less than 7 lbs. you'll be fine

New Topics