Brake mounts?

• Discuss Brake mounts? in the BMX Bike Tech forum in area BMX-Forum Community; When I put my Evolver brakes on these they seem to be to small in diameter (brake mounts).... whats up with that? did they used to make these smaller... ...
D

Devourment 138

Brake mounts? post #1
When I put my Evolver brakes on these they seem to be to small in diameter (brake mounts).... whats up with that? did they used to make these smaller at one time? Anyone ever see this shlt before?

O

oibmxpunx

Brake mounts? post #2
that looks normal man

D

Devourment 138

Brake mounts? post #3
the ones on my nyquist are larger in diameter..and the evolvers fit tight..these are thinner, and the evolvers are all sloppy loose

O

oibmxpunx

Brake mounts? post #4
mine are kinda loose but there not to bad try just tighting the bolt down a little more that all i can think of it do right now

M

Mr_Shrapnel

Brake mounts? post #5
dont know mate, there isnt alot you can do i guess, if you mean that they are too small on the outer diameter, then i guess you could try wedging some thin sheet metal (like off a drink can) around the out side.

it may be something you have to sort out yourself i guess, i dont think my virtual spanner can fix that

D

Devourment 138

Brake mounts? post #6
I'm either gonna weld new ones to the frame, or grind them off completly and go brakeless

X

XIII

Brake mounts? post #7
i just ground off the brake mounts on my forks and I am painting my forks red right now 8) .... I did an awesome job :D

D

Devourment 138

Brake mounts? post #8
put some pics up when you are done

X

XIII

Brake mounts? post #9
Step 1: Cutting, grinding, and sanding... (I gorund them a little more right before i put the primer on)

Step 2: Primer

Step 3: Steel woll, then paint
first coat

second coat.... on the way... should have it tomorrow night

O

oibmxpunx

Brake mounts? post #10
that looks realy good man

X

XIII

Brake mounts? post #11
thanks

RuLe

RuLe

Brake mounts? post #12
i actually think they looked sweet with the primar only. its a white color which looked sweet

F

federal_rider12

Brake mounts? post #13
those brake mounts do look normal and ive never seen thinner brake mounts ive been around lots of frames and testing things and everything is the same i took the brakes off my redline and they fit perfectly on my federal the only thing i can think of that would make a difference would be shims sometimes shims get stuck on the mounts and then you go and transplant them in another frame it would make a difference or go buy a bigger shim at a hardware store i could be wrong but the only thing i see that could make a difference would be the shims

D

Devourment 138

Brake mounts? post #14
they were apperently sanded down buy the previous owner for some odd (stupid) reason. Once I got to looking at them, I noticed that the area around these 990 mounts is the only place this frame has scratches (very light). I presume that they were created with sandpaper. I have contacted Solid and they have agreed to fixing these for a small fee. Solid Bikes seems to be very cooperative, and willing to go the extra mile for their customers. SOLID woot!!!!

M

Mr_Shrapnel

Brake mounts? post #15
yeah solid rule. there is a good reason for sanding down the lugs, if your brakes are too tight on the lugs they will not rotate well, and your brakes will lose power, plus, will not spring back well, that happend to me, sanding them down fixes this.

New Topics