brake mods?

• Discuss brake mods? in the BMX Bike Tech forum in area BMX-Forum Community; i'm going to set up a london mod on my brakes. anyone tried it? or any other brake modifications? please, if you ride brakeless feel free to flame the... ...
  • Tags 900
B

bruisedbob

brake mods? post #1
i'm going to set up a london mod on my brakes. anyone tried it? or any other brake modifications? please, if you ride brakeless feel free to flame the s out of this post.

G

go4broke44

brake mods? post #2
use a section of chain for the straddle cable, its nice and stiff, helps the brakes work better. unless of course your a weight whore, then use a spoke or something. im not really that concerned with weight, so i like to use the chain, after all a couple of ounces isnt gonna make that much of a difference

F

federal_rider12

brake mods? post #3
i was going to try that but i just domt want to get involved with it since my straddle cable does great doesnt have any stretch in it at all.

B

bruisedbob

brake mods? post #4
Federal, which were you going to try the chain straddle or london mod?

F

federal_rider12

brake mods? post #5
the straddle cable well not cable chain. i made 2 brake mods to my brakes and that is new springs, caps, pads, and i cut the arm down so i would have chain clearance

G

go4broke44

brake mods? post #6
the chain mod works really well, alot better than normal straddle cables, and its real easy to hook up... ill see if i can't get some pictures of mine posted

G

go4broke44

brake mods? post #7

F

federal_rider12

brake mods? post #8
yeah i was going to do that, but it was going to add extra weight..... :lol: hahaha im just joking i heard someone say that, but i just dont have links around to do that because i thrown them away since they were crap. but my straddle cable does great dont have to pull much to lock up the wheel and it doesnt ever feel like i can keep pulling it, in case would be stretching. i bought a special cable to use as my straddle cable, it cost me like $10 just for the cable no housing

New Topics