brake help!

• Discuss brake help! in the NBR - Not BMX Related forum in area BMX-Forum Community - more stuff; [color=darkred][/color]help! ive got a gt performer which i have been riding hard for about 5 months (after my crappy old huffy finally gave up!!!!!)... ...
J

Jonny-X

brake help! post #1
help!
ive got a gt performer which i have been riding hard for about 5 months (after my crappy old huffy finally gave up!!!!!) and i have fitted them with new rims to improve the tektro u-brakes and my front one is brilliant but the back one still lets the rim slide round with the brakes on. how can i improve this????? i don't mind buying a new back brake if i need to. :)

F

federal_rider12

brake help! post #2
ive written on this topic so much so im going to make it short fix the spring tension, loosen the bolt hold the brake arm back put a little more tension on the spring by turning the adjuster,not too far though, then tighten down the bolt while still holding the adjuster and brake arm but dont overtighten the bolt or the brakes wont work well then keep testing the brakes to make sure they keep the tension if not try again or buy lock washers to hold the bolt and adjuster in place without them being too tight to where the brakes dont work--also try new soft pads

now if you want to go ahead and buy a new brake but you will have to do the same thing and if you do everything right the brakes you got will work great

J

Jonny-X

brake help! post #3
thanks i did that it works just great :D

F

federal_rider12

brake help! post #4
ok

O

oibmxpunx

brake help! post #5
and to help even more take ur pads off and thake a pice of sand paper and sand it down bucuse thay glaze over and take a rasor blade and make some clits it ur pad

F

federal_rider12

brake help! post #6
take a rasor blade and make some clits it ur pad
hahaha clits :lol:

New Topics