brake cable

• Discuss brake cable in the BMX Bike Tech forum in area BMX-Forum Community; i ordered the odyssey slic kable and the odyssey evolver brake and have the brake put on and the slic kable in the brake lever but don`t know how to... ...
  • Tags bike parts shop
D

DrunkPunk180

brake cable post #1
i ordered the odyssey slic kable and the odyssey evolver brake and have the brake put on and the slic kable in the brake lever but don`t know how to attach it to the brake could someone please help me?

E

EPMD

brake cable post #2
man.. if you dont know how to work on your brakes.. bring it to a shop and get them to fix it and show you what to do.. its a lot easier than spending 3 hours of swearing and trying to get it to work

D

DrunkPunk180

brake cable post #3
i don`t have a shop to go to.

RuLe

RuLe

brake cable post #4
i had to bring mine to the bike shop too. i cant work brakes at all

D

DrunkPunk180

brake cable post #5
i need help :?

E

EPMD

brake cable post #6
ok im gonna be patient and try to help

first off.. waht do you need done? do you need to hook your cable to you brakes?

first off place you brakes on the brake mounts and tighten the tension coil things on them and tighten it up with an allan key.. hook up the wire that goes around the tube thats connected to your bottom bracket and finally hook the slic cable to that

D

DrunkPunk180

brake cable post #7
ok but how do i hook the slic cable to that?

E

EPMD

brake cable post #8
what were all the parts you got and what kind of brakes did you have before?

D

DrunkPunk180

brake cable post #9
i had stock sh*t brakes and what do u mean where were all my parts i have them all i didn`t lose any or anything

W

William

brake cable post #10
dosn't san diego have atleat i bike store? its only like 4 times the size of my town!
http://www.supergo.com/stores/
ARE ANY OF THESE STORES NEAR YOU?

bike stores are alot easyer than trying to do it yourself and failing, and then you get mad, and then you might break some thing.

D

Devourment 138

brake cable post #11
dude...do it yourself or your gonna be paying somone to fuk with shlt like this forever... and you would be surprised how much of and idiot most people are that claim to know what they are doing. If you need some close up pictures of the way it should look installed let me know

E

EPMD

brake cable post #12
i give up.. shit

D

DrunkPunk180

brake cable post #13
Devourment 138 said:
If you need some close up pictures of the way it should look installed let me know
please

D

DrunkPunk180

brake cable post #15
what cable do you have?

D

Devourment 138

brake cable post #16
linear slic...Odyssey,,,why would that matter?

B

bruisedbob

brake cable post #17
Yo Devo. You like those evolvers? Think I'm going to get some soon and do a dual cable setup.

D

Devourment 138

brake cable post #18
hav'nt rode them much...but yeah they are pretty god damn good...you really can't ask for anymore than what they do

New Topics