Bought me a Volume Flatline

• Discuss Bought me a Volume Flatline in the BMX Bike Tech forum in area BMX-Forum Community; Hey, looking to get back into riding, used to ride for 4 years but stopped when i started drumming. Now looking to get back into the sport and am... ...
C

chicky

Bought me a Volume Flatline post #1
Hey,

looking to get back into riding, used to ride for 4 years but stopped when i started drumming. Now looking to get back into the sport and am building me a setup.

So ive got an old DK4pack in the garden and have now bought me a Volume Flatline frame, the spec of the frame clearly states that it needs a euro BB.

Now i dont know all that much about bottom brackets but im guessing a euro bb is a pretty odd size as google doesn't turn up too many results.

I need to know where i could get one and if i cant put my 4pack cranks on it where could i get the whole crankset?

Also is my dk headset+forks etc going to fit the new frame?

Cheers for your time,
-Nathan.

nowhales180

nowhales180

Bought me a Volume Flatline post #2
the headset and fork will fit and yes the cranks will fit but not the cups. but i'm not sure. does the 4pack have threaded cups?

C

chicky

Bought me a Volume Flatline post #3
Sorry pal, what do you mean by cups? And whats the cheapest alternative for setting up some cranks as the dk ones are somewhat f'cked.

Last edited by a moderator:
nowhales180

nowhales180

Bought me a Volume Flatline post #4
anyways... remove the crank arms and the spindle in the 4pack because they r the only thing you could salvage. buy a euro bb and the only alternative to putting together a euro bb is a flathead screwdriver and a mallet.

New Topics