bottom brackets

• Discuss bottom brackets in the BMX Bike Tech forum in area BMX-Forum Community; i've had the kink whip 08 for about 6 months and ive been having problems with my bb's theyre unsealed mid bb and when i shake the cranks or drop the... ...
A

alexchoi

bottom brackets post #1
i've had the kink whip 08 for about 6 months and ive been having problems with my bb's
theyre unsealed mid bb and when i shake the cranks or drop the rear end of my bike, it
a. makes a moving/ rattling noise
b. shakes a little bit

i took a crank off to see what was going on
but i cant seem to find out the problem.
one of these nuts that go around the spindle is stripped but when i shake a crank, the inside of the bbs shift

any help is appreciated

L

leo5435

bottom brackets post #2
your bearings probally got messed up from grindin if u hit ure bottom bracket on the wall have you?

X

xchaosx

bottom brackets post #3
Could be that you've blown up your bearing cages. Try opening it up

E RaK

E RaK

bottom brackets post #4
are you sure its coming from the bb?

The cassette might be loose. Thighten the cone spacers if its sealed or the nuts if its unsealed. Not the regular axle nuts.

J

joethehoe

bottom brackets post #5
the bb gone by the sound of it. get a nice sealed one

B0N0

B0N0

bottom brackets post #6
Dont thing unsealed mid bb's even exist.

mad082

mad082

bottom brackets post #7
yeah, unsealed mid sized bb's have been round longer than mid bb's have been, LOL. they used to be called junior bb's and were only used in cheap, nasty, supermarket bikes. they have been round for probably 20 years or more.

and by the sounds of it that lock nut being stripped has let the bb come loost, which has then busted 1 of the cages and the bearings aren't sitting where they should. i'd get some near bearings. if you can afford it get a sealed bb set and spindle.

L

lildrewmilby

bottom brackets post #8
i thought they i didnt know they made unsealed mid bearings.

New Topics