bottom bracket again ;I

• Discuss bottom bracket again ;I in the BMX Bike Tech forum in area BMX-Forum Community; ohkay, i bought the mid bottom bracket, 19mm, sealed, i took the 19mm unsealed bottom bracket out of my subrosa letum dirt, anyway, i can't get the... ...
C

c60subrosa

bottom bracket again ;I post #1
ohkay, i bought the mid bottom bracket, 19mm, sealed,
i took the 19mm unsealed bottom bracket out of my subrosa letum dirt,
anyway, i can't get the damn bearings, will they not fit due to frame??
i dunno, theyre still a 19mm bb,
i tried malets, and also an old axle, two large washers, and nuts to compress them in
but theyre just not going in, any suggestions people, thanks again..

J

johnny homeless

bottom bracket again ;I post #2
19mm means the size of the hole in the middle of the bearings. all mid bb bearings have the same outer diameter, so the new bb should fit. what do you mean 'due to the frame'? when i fit bbs, i just grease the bearings, get a 2x4 and a hammer and bang them in. a mallet should have worked for you really. and apparently your bike had a sealed mid bb in the first place. i don't why you'd bother to change it if it wasn't broken.

C

c60subrosa

bottom bracket again ;I post #3
well my bike came with bearings that weren t in cases- unsealed??
i was wondering can any bottom bracket part of the frame of any frame be converted to sealed bearings??
mine don t seem to fit, or shall i just whack them harder

J

johnny homeless

bottom bracket again ;I post #4
they should definitely fit.

does the new bb look like this?

C

c60subrosa

bottom bracket again ;I post #5
yerh, just like that
its a D20 mid bb
so they'll fit, nice one man

E RaK

E RaK

bottom bracket again ;I post #6
you can take it to a bike shop and have the bearings pressed in

mack_turtle

mack_turtle

bottom bracket again ;I post #7
post photos of your bottom bracket and your frame. that is the only way anyone can tell over a message board what's wrong.

2WheelPride

2WheelPride

bottom bracket again ;I post #8
Why do I get the feeling that he left the cups in the frame? Post Pictures please like jwnolte said.

zzzzzzz

zzzzzzz

bottom bracket again ;I post #9
Guys, there's a difference between a mid and an american BB. It sounds like he had an american bottom bracket because it was loose ball, not sealed. I'm not sure if they make a mid that's unsealed. The difference is the american BB has cups that press into the frame, then the bearings go in the cups. The mid doesn't have cups, the sealed bearings press directly into the frame. Both are 19mm. What frame do you have?

chevelle1972

chevelle1972

bottom bracket again ;I post #10
Guys, there's a difference between a mid and an american BB. It sounds like he had an american bottom bracket because it was loose ball, not sealed. I'm not sure if they make a mid that's unsealed. The difference is the american BB has cups that press into the frame, then the bearings go in the cups. The mid doesn't have cups, the sealed bearings press directly into the frame. Both are 19mm. What frame do you have?
kink gap has mid BB and unsealed BB's. theyre loose ball bearings

zzzzzzz

zzzzzzz

bottom bracket again ;I post #11
kink gap has mid BB and unsealed BB's. theyre loose ball bearings
Well I don't know then. One of the things about mid BB is that you don't need a tool to press them in. You can do it by hand. American BB, you needed to press the cups in, you couldn't do it by hand. The fact that you've beat them with a mallet and they still aren't in worries me. Something ain't right. Can you post pics?

Topcat xx

Topcat xx

bottom bracket again ;I post #12
the bottom bracket could be a Ball type with 8 spline Cro-Mo axle, but i dont know weather you can convert to sealed bearings, if you can let me know :)

L

leighhills1

bottom bracket again ;I post #13
the bottom bracket could be a Ball type with 8 spline Cro-Mo axle, but i dont know weather you can convert to sealed bearings, if you can let me know :)
dude, 10-05-2008 -that was when the thread was made, why reply to it now?

New Topics