Book Reviews

• Discuss Book Reviews in the General BMX Forum forum in area BMX-Forum Community; Hey - Thought I would mention that I just finished reading 'Mirra Images', and then 'Ride of My Life' back to back. Hoffman's book and life story FAR... ...
  • Tags review
T

Trimix

Book Reviews post #1
Hey - Thought I would mention that I just finished reading 'Mirra Images', and then 'Ride of My Life' back to back. Hoffman's book and life story FAR outweighs Dave's. Dave seems like a really 'nice' guy, level headed, etc. while Mat seems like a wildman. Jumping his bike off of a 3200 foot cliff by parachute.....S like that.

I found Dave's book lacking in content, and read the whole thing in about 3 hours. Still a good book, but not a fraction of the information that is in Mat's. Hoffman's book is full of F'ing hilarious enuendo, nasty and gross tricks, hard slams followed by months and months of sad recovery....there is a lot of injury in Mat's book :)

Gotta hand it to Hoffman though.....one hell of a ride for sure!! Both great books, with Hoffmans being the best reading.

Just my 2 cents

I

infantry43RIDER

Book Reviews post #2
awesome.
yea i have heard some of the same things you have said about Dave's book...in book reviews in BMX mags it didn't get very good reviews.

I would like to read the Mat Hoffman book though...seems interesting.

C

casperh

Book Reviews post #3
ahw, did you read them or got them in library or somethig cause there arent really good bookstores inhere

F

federal_rider12

Book Reviews post #4
yeah hoffmans book is alot better and his life has got better things in it too. i like when he made that 21ft, i think, halfpipe to get the biggest air and lands but slips and he didnt think much of it but he like passes out later becuase he liked punctured his spleen and he said he thought he was going to die, i didnt read the book but i caught something on tv about his life so im sure that is in the book big part in his life

fenixbykeco

fenixbykeco

Book Reviews post #5
Hes making a big movie in Hollowood right now. Its like a documentary but not at the same time. Dave Voelker is in Spiderman 2. I met him in Universal Studios.

I

infantry43RIDER

Book Reviews post #6
aha what is Dave doing in spiderman 2 i wonder?

M

Mr_Shrapnel

Book Reviews post #7
Maybe he’s the new bad guy, the voelkenator or something; he comes from the future to destroy Spiderman.

Oh and a really good book is the hitch hikers guide to the galaxy, its, a comedy sci-fi, which is actually so well written you really find it hard to put down, REALLY. If you like sci-fi, you like laughing hard if your into Douglas Adams humour), you like random events and stories, you should get it. Oh it may help if you are English, to get some if the jokes, but if you’re not, it’s not going spoil the story at all.

F

federal_rider12

Book Reviews post #8
i cant read books all i can do is read the back and im spent, i like magazines

C

casperh

Book Reviews post #9
i read comics like donald duck, or the adventures of yoda on the woocky villlage on tatooine.. huh.. thats my diary uh.. ohoh

F

FOL

Book Reviews post #10
I don't feel the intention to read those books :p

I

infantry43RIDER

Book Reviews post #11
just to read.
reading is a good thing.

T

Trimix

Book Reviews post #12
FOL said:
I don't feel the intention to read those books :p
I am not sure what you mean by "intention"......you mean don't feel inclined to read them?

Reading, intelligence, and vocabularic articulation (how'd ya' like that one?) are all linked. I don't read fiction, and stupid crap story's......ONLY autobiographies, (sometimes biographies) of people who have done great things.

I think Hoffman has.

M

Mr_Shrapnel

Book Reviews post #13
Then you’re a ****, you must read fiction, as well as non fiction, stop being pretentious and feed your imagination, which will in turn increase your imagination. As the world is lacking in imagination, I think that this is very important.

F

FOL

Book Reviews post #14
I just don't like reading. And the few things I do read (besides school stuff) are books I do like, and not some silly autobiographical story of some bmxer. Really I couldn't care less :)

C

casperh

Book Reviews post #15
FOL said:
silly autobiographical story of some bmxer.
:hihi: :hihi: :hihi: :hihi: :hihi: :hihi: :hihi:

I

infantry43RIDER

Book Reviews post #16
Mr_Shrapnel said:
Then you’re a c*ck, you must read fiction, as well as non fiction, stop being pretentious and feed your imagination, which will in turn increase your imagination. As the world is lacking in imagination, I think that this is very important.
i would have to agree with more people needing imagination.
but we don't need people telling people what the hell to read...he can read whatever he wants.

S

sentaafEQpovar

Book Reviews post #17
the chocolate war and beyond the chocolate war are the best books ever... but beyond the choolate war willg et you so depressed becuase everything that happens to everyone is so ****ed up.... read it for ssr or sumthing

M

Mr_Shrapnel

Book Reviews post #18
infantry43RIDER said:
Mr_Shrapnel said:
Then you’re a c*ck, you must read fiction, as well as non fiction, stop being pretentious and feed your imagination, which will in turn increase your imagination. As the world is lacking in imagination, I think that this is very important.
i would have to agree with more people needing imagination.
but we don't need people telling people what the hell to read...he can read whatever he wants.
ok ok so maybe it was bit hypocritical of me to say you "must read this", bla bla bla, but you know what i mean.

I

infantry43RIDER

Book Reviews post #19
yes i do.
and i did agree with the imagination part of it.

T

Trimix

Book Reviews post #20
I am the LAST person to act pretentious, I was just telling you what I like to read that's all. Sometimes the typed text comes across wrong.

You're right though Shrapnel, I am a **** :)

(Trimix at lunch eating organic hot dogs, apples, and grape juice)

New Topics