BMX - Park And Street Workouts, Anyone Have Any?

• Discuss BMX - Park And Street Workouts, Anyone Have Any? in the General BMX Forum forum in area BMX-Forum Community; I have been looking online for a good strength building workout for riding park and or street. I can't seem to find anything, I know MIrra, nyquist... ...

Do you workout for BMX Riding?

• Yes

Votes: 4 22.2%
  • No

Votes: 14 77.8%

• Total voters
G

GrooveChampion

BMX - Park And Street Workouts, Anyone Have Any? post #1
I have been looking online for a good strength building workout for riding park and or street. I can't seem to find anything, I know MIrra, nyquist, spinner, etc... all have a training regimen and workout plan, I was wondering if anyone had a general one that would help develop the needed muscles for this sport.

Please let me know if anyone has ANY info

SnK

SnK

BMX - Park And Street Workouts, Anyone Have Any? post #2
Well,

Push-ups.
Pull-ups (not chin-ups)
Sit-ups
Bicep Curls
Tricep Dips
Squats

There all good.

M

Marcus Poopy

BMX - Park And Street Workouts, Anyone Have Any? post #3
i do my normal excersizes, stretch do some weight and whatnot. it will prepare you and make it harder to get hurt. i have bad shoulders so i have to work those out.

abelattack

abelattack

BMX - Park And Street Workouts, Anyone Have Any? post #4
i just go in the weights room at my school
and do most things
pull-ups etc

SnK

SnK

BMX - Park And Street Workouts, Anyone Have Any? post #5
I don't do exercise's/ weight training for biking. I do it for myself, as the girls like it and it makes me feel better.

I ride because i love it. My mates proper weak yet he can tailwhip and 360 at massive heights over a funbox. You don't need tonnes of strength to do this stuff..

ANiMaL xNJx

ANiMaL xNJx

BMX - Park And Street Workouts, Anyone Have Any? post #6
i usually don't work out. i feel like i get enough of a work out from riding my bike, and can't be bothered to get a gym membership.

G

GrooveChampion

BMX - Park And Street Workouts, Anyone Have Any? post #7
SNK I agree completely with what you just said, but since I lift weights anyway (I do it for myself) and I ride already ( I do that for myself too) I figured why not try to get a regimen specifically designed for riding and on top of that it varies your workout.

abelattack

abelattack

BMX - Park And Street Workouts, Anyone Have Any? post #8
well i dont lift weigts just for bmx, its part of my exam course
so it helps for my bmxing :D
and as SNK said the girls love it :p

SnK

SnK

BMX - Park And Street Workouts, Anyone Have Any? post #9
Good point it does vary your workout, but it's not much of a big difference to be honest. The only thing you'll need is back muscles strengthening and shoulders. So your deltoids/lattimus dorsi etc.
But theres no major point doing weight training for biking, it won't help you alot more.. Obviously if you can only bunnyhop about 2 inches on a 20pound bike then yeh you defo need to lift some more yellow pages. hah!

abelattack

abelattack

BMX - Park And Street Workouts, Anyone Have Any? post #10
hahaa you know your muscles SnK

SnK

SnK

BMX - Park And Street Workouts, Anyone Have Any? post #11
2 Years of GCSE P.E, is should know something, teacher ****ing hammered it down our necks.
I know shit loads, i just can't be arsed telling people fitness plans and stuff, and i rarely do it myself so it's pointless.. Things i've learnt.. Have a GOOD 3 meals a day.. breakfast is neccessary, lunch is neccessary, dinner is neccessary. Inbetween them snacks that are good should be consumed, i.e biscuits(rich teas and a cup of tea) not crisps or mars bars. 3 litre of water a day is good.. 3 pieces of fruit is good. Meat/Vegetables/Wheat/Salt/Sugar/and your liquids are all needed throughout the day, so don't listen to all that bullshit atkins diet, it's baaaaaad!

M

Marcus Poopy

BMX - Park And Street Workouts, Anyone Have Any? post #12
I don't do exercise's/ weight training for biking. I do it for myself, as the girls like it and it makes me feel better.

I ride because i love it. My mates proper weak yet he can tailwhip and 360 at massive heights over a funbox. You don't need tonnes of strength to do this stuff..
you are very correct. look at lino gonzales he kills it on street massive bunnyhops and like like 56lbs:eek:
but having the extra muscle will protect you from getting hurt in some ways. and plus your body will be use to the constant excercise so it will make riding not so hard on the body.

SnK

SnK

BMX - Park And Street Workouts, Anyone Have Any? post #13
you are very correct. look at lino gonzales he kills it on street massive bunnyhops and like like 56lbs:eek:
but having the extra muscle will protect you from getting hurt in some ways. and plus your body will be use to the constant excercise so it will make riding not so hard on the body.
The bigger you are the more liquids you need. And the more need for sugars from your food and various nutrients. So it's not always a benefit 'cos it's not cost effective :p Haha!

abelattack

abelattack

BMX - Park And Street Workouts, Anyone Have Any? post #14
yeahh im taking GCSE PE at the moment
thats all they chat on about haha :p

SnK

SnK

BMX - Park And Street Workouts, Anyone Have Any? post #15
yeahh im taking GCSE PE at the moment
thats all they chat on about haha :p
Wait till you get to drugs and the big words, sooooo boring.

Remember keywords though, highlight them in your notes with big bold colours. Helped me loads!
I can't even sodding remember half of what i did in the 2 years or in the exam paper for GCSE.
I got a B though :)

Need any help with any of your work, give me a shout. I'm sure it'll pop back into my head.

abelattack

abelattack

BMX - Park And Street Workouts, Anyone Have Any? post #16
we are doing health and fitness at the moment
already done about 50 pages of notes, its ridiculous
weve started smoking and alcohol aswell so boring!
i prefer practical alot more
and thanks :)

SnK

SnK

BMX - Park And Street Workouts, Anyone Have Any? post #17
we are doing health and fitness at the moment
already done about 50 pages of notes, its ridiculous
weve started smoking and alcohol aswell so boring!
i prefer practical alot more
and thanks :)
We had shit loads of debates going on about alcohol and smoking.
Smokings a depresant you know class.. NO IS IT ****!! EVERYTIME I HAVE A BURN I COME ALIVE AGAIN! Stupid cow.

But technically it is a depressant. haha!
Alcohol thins out the blood and causes your reactions to slow down.

Whats anerobic training?
and whats aerobic training?

Whats blood doping? :p

abelattack

abelattack

BMX - Park And Street Workouts, Anyone Have Any? post #18
We had shit loads of debates going on about alcohol and smoking.
Smokings a depresant you know class.. NO IS IT ****!! EVERYTIME I HAVE A BURN I COME ALIVE AGAIN! Stupid cow.

But technically it is a depressant. haha!
Alcohol thins out the blood and causes your reactions to slow down.

Whats anerobic training?
and whats aerobic training?

Whats blood doping? :p
hahaa you know your stuff
and i dont have a clue what anerobic training and blood doping is
but i think i have an idea of aerobic training

M

Marcus Poopy

BMX - Park And Street Workouts, Anyone Have Any? post #19
The bigger you are the more liquids you need. And the more need for sugars from your food and various nutrients. So it's not always a benefit 'cos it's not cost effective :p Haha!
haha well neither is that Ti grim reaper you bought because you were to weak to bunnyhop a 23lb bike:wink:

fit bike co

fit bike co

BMX - Park And Street Workouts, Anyone Have Any? post #20
my best excersises are; walking, riding and fapping

New Topics