BMX Lessons

• Discuss BMX Lessons in the General BMX Forum forum in area BMX-Forum Community; Hi everyone, Valvecap again. So today I went to my local indoor skatepark, Newpact skatepark. I was trying some one hander airs and table airs and a... ...
Valvecap

Valvecap

BMX Lessons post #1
Hi everyone, Valvecap again.

So today I went to my local indoor skatepark, Newpact skatepark. I was trying some one hander airs and table airs and a couple of kids were watching me. I saw them rolling around the park, without doing anything. Suddenly, one of them comes to me and asks me if I could teach him something. I said it was OK and took him and his friends to the miniramp, where I teached them to drop in, using their foot to keep balance.They were super excited and asked if they could learn more stuff. Frank, the skatepark owner, was inspecting the skatepark for garbage, lost items and injured people, and he saw me with the kids . I went to the cafeteria to get me a drink and Frank asked me if I was interested in BMX lessons, to teach little kids how to ride. He said I'm his first choice, I only need to do an EHBO exam and a tutorring exam(don't know the name) and I can start.

I want to teach the kids some basics techniques like dropping in, pumping, fly-out, bunnyhops and some other easy stuff. If you guys have some tips or suggestions, please post them.

thanks in advance,
Valvecap

Last edited:
X

XboxKid

BMX Lessons post #2
Nice one. if you're getting payed thats a bonus too.

RossKnight

RossKnight

BMX Lessons post #3
thats pretty cool, but you 'learnt them to drop in?' lol

and good luck

frokid12

frokid12

BMX Lessons post #4
Thats very cool. For bunnyhops tell them to bring in shoeboxes. Then as they progress stack them.

E

ellb123

BMX Lessons post #5
Wow thats mint, and good for bmx so begginers like me don't just think this is to hard and give up , i wish i could get some stuff like that at our local park

the ace of spade

the ace of spade

BMX Lessons post #6
thats why i really wish there was a local park around me. it seems in my area bmx is dieing out because the new kids get discouraged easily and there isnt anywhere for them to learn
props man

2WheelPride

2WheelPride

BMX Lessons post #7
Very cool, awesome that you took the time to help out the beginners, can't forget that we all where noobs at one point. Hopefully that means free admission to the park or a pay check in your pocket.

Valvecap

Valvecap

BMX Lessons post #8
Very cool, awesome that you took the time to help out the beginners, can't forget that we all where noobs at one point. Hopefully that means free admission to the park or a pay check in your pocket.
I will get paid. probably around €10 pro kid

Kazzer

Kazzer

BMX Lessons post #9
Nice one, its great that you acknowledged them and gave them a hand. Most younger riders are often alienated by the older, more experienced riders.

chrome bmx

chrome bmx

BMX Lessons post #10
This could lead to more, maybe sponsers :)

M

maxwithagt

BMX Lessons post #11
im a new rider and i hate it when i ask and older one or more exspiriants than me and they just pretend they never heard me i get so pissed and think is this werth it lucky i love the SPORT so much!

Valvecap

Valvecap

BMX Lessons post #12
This could lead to more, maybe sponsers :)
Not sure about that. I'm not such a good rider. And I don't think the companies will sponsor BMX teachers :p
meh, who knows. Maybe I get one of those lifetime achievement awards. BTW, some other kid, Diego, wanted to be a tutor too. But no one wants him, cause he wants attention all the time and he's really agressive.

B

ben

BMX Lessons post #13
That was my summer job! teaching kids basics etc. council paid a group of us and gave us portable ramps and a galaxy car for the summer and gave us places and times to be there
It was amazing!

chrome bmx

chrome bmx

BMX Lessons post #14
That was my summer job! teaching kids basics etc. council paid a group of us and gave us portable ramps and a galaxy car for the summer and gave us places and times to be there
It was amazing!
That would be one of the best things ever.

theboss7

theboss7

BMX Lessons post #15
that's awesome!

i wish i had someone to teach me. My friend and i are basically teaching ourselves how to do stuff. Like we taught ourselves footjams and we didnt even know what it was until i got on here!

McKenzie32

McKenzie32

BMX Lessons post #16
thats awesome, i wouldnt mind doing that for no money

B

ben

BMX Lessons post #17
it wa fun but having to ride got a bit annoying in the end. I ride for fun and being told ride at 9 on a monday morning was where i needed to be payed lol

The Lost Otter

The Lost Otter

BMX Lessons post #18
will you give lessons on how not to crash? busted my chin on the damn wall.
:(

a7xfreek

a7xfreek

BMX Lessons post #19
cool..i wish i had dudes like you when i started

DAN1991

DAN1991

BMX Lessons post #20
That's pretty cool.

New Topics