bmx advice

• Discuss bmx advice in the Hey I'm new - Introduce Yourself forum in area BMX-Forum Community; hey, i am looking to build my own bmx but dont know what parts to use. i want something that will take a thrashing because i ride downhill and trail... ...
T

the blackout

bmx advice post #1
hey, i am looking to build my own bmx but dont know what parts to use. i want something that will take a thrashing because i ride downhill and trail riding.

Red Horn

Red Horn

bmx advice post #2
i am looking to build my own bmx but dont know what parts to use.
:roll:,Then you are a perfect candidate for a complete.

E RaK

E RaK

bmx advice post #3
You should only buy a custom bike if you:
1. are good enough that a sick bike will improve your riding
2. have enough money for one anyway

If you dont fall into any of these catagories, get a stock complete

Last edited:
T

the blackout

bmx advice post #4
but when i bought my mtb that is a custom which is worth about £1500, i broke that within a month and it cost me £100 to fix it

Red Horn

Red Horn

bmx advice post #5
? And.

T

the blackout

bmx advice post #6
if i buy a complete i will most likely have to change most of the parts on it for better ones because i will break them.

E RaK

E RaK

bmx advice post #7
it depends on what bike you get - how expensive it is, the brand, and aftermarket parts that may come on it

Red Horn

Red Horn

bmx advice post #8
if i buy a complete i will most likely have to change most of the parts on it for better ones because i will break them.
That will likely happen either way. I hope you are not saying you would replace them before they break. Parts on high end completes are not significantly weaker that parts on a custom.

J

jakebmx4life

bmx advice post #9
i am getting a kink whip and i customizing it i get 600 to spend on it

Red Horn

Red Horn

bmx advice post #10
am getting a kink whip and i customizing it i get 600 to spend on it
Sorry to be blunt, but that is a dumb idea :?. The frame isn't worthy of upgrades. Why not just get an Apex which is one of the best completes out there, or another? With the $1000 you got to invest you could get some thing like http://wethepeople.de/V3/product/249 which has a Sanko butted tubed frame and still have a couple hundred left over to customize it. Don't waste your money on a bike that is not full CroMo and sealed.

E RaK

E RaK

bmx advice post #11
Don't waste your money on a bike that is not full CroMo and sealed
http://wethepeople.de/V3/wtp.php

WTP Envy....the best stock complete by far
aftermarket cranks, hubs, stem, etc
butted sanko tubing with removable brake mounts
trendy

H

Hermes

bmx advice post #12