bloody manuals

• Discuss bloody manuals in the Street Riding forum in area BMX-Forum Community; i have been trying manuals for abot 4-5 hrs today and i just can't get the right balance point, its really annoying me, i can't even manual 2 metres GAH! ...
B

bmxbrendan

bloody manuals post #1
i have been trying manuals for abot 4-5 hrs today and i just can't get the right balance point, its really annoying me, i can't even manual 2 metres GAH!

moldaz

moldaz

bloody manuals post #2
lol manuals are the most frustrating things to learn.... because you'll get it out of no were and loose it as fast as you got it....

M

maras91

bloody manuals post #3
im learning these to at the moment. there a pain in the ass yeh, but jus practise and practise

M

monkeyonabike

bloody manuals post #4
yeah finding the balance point is hard to find, just slightly tap the breaks when your tire goes too far up, use your legs too maintain balance and raise your front wheel

B

bmxanimal

bloody manuals post #5
this break business is bullshit learn to do manuals properly without breaks.

bring you rear wheel in a lil bit more and use your legs and arse to shift the weight

S

screwglue

bloody manuals post #6
yea screw the break buy the time i can conentrate oh pulling on the break i already shift my weight forward and wayy forward, just move ur body around to go up or down.

D

diablo90

bloody manuals post #7
u know why your not geting the mannys!!!! becuase u do them shits to much

i do them once in awhile or ill do them when im rideing some where

dont just pratice that one trick its so dam easy its not even funny!man

u know something dont worry about them that much just mess around with it

my mannys are at like 70% i get them for awhile the other 30% has to do with going into grinds and stuff which i almost got :roll:

they are nothing to worry about u know something watch some pro's do it

if anything hit me up and let me know whats going on

S

Snake Lizard

bloody manuals post #8
OMG Doodz, I've been practising manuals for like 2minutes and I cant do 100 ft. I hate manuals, how can I do them better?

It's a trick you have to PRACTISE. Why don't you guys get it? You won't learn manuals from one day to another, it takes a lot of time to manual good.

A

AlexanderSK

bloody manuals post #9
Yeah, I have my good and bad days. We all do.

I'm getting better and better,
I just do a good lean back, so that my weight is on the back tyre, the I pull up (I one fluid motion), If the nose gets too high and you feel that you are going to lose your balance point then just bend your knees abit and the nose will drop a bit, and If It drops too much
I just lean back even further and pull up on the bars,
an by that I can keep a pretty long manual going :)

bennyball

bennyball

bloody manuals post #10
hahaha, youve been trying them for less than a day and you are getting annoyed that you arnt too great at them. seriously, ive been riding nearly two years, manualling things in the street on my way to spots, manualing during lines, since i started. it was until id been riding for about a year that i noticed my manuals were starting to improve dramatically. just practice, as evenone else has said, itll come to you eventually

H4RDLander

H4RDLander

bloody manuals post #11
i have been trying manuals for abot 4-5 hrs today and i just can't get the right balance point, its really annoying me, i can't even manual 2 metres GAH!
whoow.. patient my friend.. xD

i woudnt expect u can learn them for just 5 hrs? it takes a week/month/year(s) to learn it.... :roll:

zacaroo

zacaroo

bloody manuals post #12
practice. i aint that good but try them for fun anyway so i can get them better.

B

bmxbrendan

bloody manuals post #13
OMG Doodz, I've been practising manuals for like 2minutes and I cant do 100 ft. I hate manuals, how can I do them better?

It's a trick you have to PRACTISE. Why don't you guys get it? You won't learn manuals from one day to another, it takes a lot of time to manual good.
i mean 4-5 hrs just today! (well the other day now) i've been riding for near a month and the only way i can do any good at em is off a bank

S

Snake Lizard

bloody manuals post #14
It takes time. I mean you can practise them 10hrs a day and it would still take you a long time. Don't think "I practise them 4hrs a day and I should be able to do them in 2 months". That's not true. You should think "I practise them on the way to spots and just do them for fun". Then you'll learn them. It will take you at least one year to do a pretty good manual.

B

bmxbrendan

bloody manuals post #15
yer... but i can't even manual 2 metres.. thats wats annoying me, but its all good... i've found my balance point now all i gotta do is get the tire up higher

B

bmxanimal

bloody manuals post #16
^^^ easiest way to do it is pull up a really big one bout stem hieght then adjust and find you balance point

Jamie01

Jamie01

bloody manuals post #17
yer, dont use the brake, its just too much to think about, they dont look as smooth and nice, when you jerk and shudder with a brake..Takes alot of practise, took me a year and a half to get ti dialled...But its worth the wait..lol

S

Snake Lizard

bloody manuals post #18
yer, dont use the brake, its just too much to think about, they dont look as smooth and nice, when you jerk and shudder with a brake..Takes alot of practise, took me a year and a half to get ti dialled...But its worth the wait..lol
I do them with brakes and mine look smoth. Maybe you're talking about MBT manuals, with your front wheel 20438257m above the ground and always pulling the brake untill the stop.

B

bmxanimal

bloody manuals post #19
imo using breaks when manualing is somewhat cheating urself

S

Snake Lizard

bloody manuals post #20
Please say that again when you can manual +300ft:wink:

New Topics