Black/"Normal" Rims

• Discuss Black/"Normal" Rims in the BMX Bike Tech forum in area BMX-Forum Community; What's the difference between black and "normal" rims? do the normal ones have a better grip when brakeing? ...
R

rsebaf

Black/"Normal" Rims post #1
What's the difference between black and "normal" rims? do the normal ones have a better grip when brakeing?

I

infantry43RIDER

Black/"Normal" Rims post #2
yes those "normal" rims you are speaking of are probally chrome...and chrome is supposed to have a better "gripping" surface for braking...reason why you see chrome rims in the back and black in the front for a lot of riders with brakes out there...
but black works good for brakes too..
and anyways...odyssey has that dulatjfdlaytou rim that is black but has the stopping power of a chrome...if you want to dish out the 84 bucks a rim for it.

F

federal_rider12

Black/"Normal" Rims post #3
no actually i think normal rims are silver i dont really think of chrome to be normal but anyways if you have soft brake pads between silver, black, and chrome rims is not a big difference in braking but if the pads are hard or even kinda hard, then it does make a difference. i havent been able to tell a difference between my old black rim and my well now chrome rim, used to be smoked chrome, with the soft tacky pads i got now

I

infantry43RIDER

Black/"Normal" Rims post #4
dude i have never ever had a pair of silver rims...thats why i forgot about them...

F

federal_rider12

Black/"Normal" Rims post #5
lol all my stock bikes i bought had silver rims except for my redline

M

Mr_Shrapnel

Black/"Normal" Rims post #6
what do you mean by normal rims?

F

federal_rider12

Black/"Normal" Rims post #7
thats what he was asking about but i think he means silver rims

I

infantry43RIDER

Black/"Normal" Rims post #8
yea dude probally silver...haha i can't believe i missed that.

although if he is REALLY new he might think silver and chrome are the same...so i don't know what he is talking about.

F

federal_rider12

Black/"Normal" Rims post #9
yeah that too

New Topics