Black Chrome

• Discuss Black Chrome in the BMX Bike Tech forum in area BMX-Forum Community; hey i was thinking of buying Demolition rims and i can only find them in black chrome so i was wondering if black chrome is any better or worse than... ...
  • Tags bike
W

WordsxThatxChoke

Black Chrome post #1
hey i was thinking of buying Demolition rims and i can only find them in black chrome so i was wondering if black chrome is any better or worse than just regular chrome?

old_school_goose

old_school_goose

Black Chrome post #3
if you run only rear brakes, go for black rims front, so they wont change colour from your brakes, then run a chrome in the back, so you wont see and ugly brown stuff or silver underneath black atall.

M

Mr_Shrapnel

Black Chrome post #4
the "smoked" chrome is exactly the same as normal crome, just with a bit of a tint. it should last just as long.

I

infantry43RIDER

Black Chrome post #5
yea that is all black chrome is...just tinted a bit of black...

W

WordsxThatxChoke

Black Chrome post #6
so the only "bad" thing about the black chrome is that the color fades? the breaking doesn't become weaker or does it?

R

ridesavolume

Black Chrome post #7
i run demolition b/c rims ive had them for nearly 2 years and both are fine , if a little buckled , like anyway rims once they are worn in they break like any other chrome rims , good.
the only wear i can see on them is that where the brake pads hit the rim , since ive had them instead of black chrome this part has turned chrome , looks preety cool actually, as for turning brown , mine did that for like twop weeks because they were wearing in .
overall id say get them , nice and strong and have held up to many a hang ups and bails , and light .
hope this helps
luke.

New Topics