bike

• Discuss bike in the General BMX Forum forum in area BMX-Forum Community; Yea yea, search for it.... yea well, that is just for beginner bikes and all that... I want to know a bike around 300-400 $ give or take a few for the... ...
  • Tags bike bikes
C

Colorblinded

bike post #1
Yea yea, search for it.... yea well, that is just for beginner bikes and all that... I want to know a bike around 300-400 $ give or take a few for the best bike I can get. Pre built or make it myself, as long as it falls in that range. I don't want it so that it will bend, break, or any other type of things like tire pops and stuff. I would like it medium to light weight, but just not a clunker. It will be taking abuse from street, very minute amounts of flatland, and dirt soon. Thanks.

E

evanc

bike post #2
Get a used STA or something complete. Come to think of it, I could be arsed to sell you my frame.

O

oibmxpunx

bike post #3
get a fit complet

I

infantry43RIDER

bike post #4
fit complete is alright...but idk if it will take too much abuse like he said....but you are definitly going to have to get a complete because idk if you can make your own bike for 400 dollars...
maybe check out WTP
or Metal completes.

S

sr71racer

bike post #6
yeah ur not going to be able to build anything good w/ $400, fit complete sounds alright, maybe replace the cranks, or a WTP in dans are somewhat cheap complete, plus right now dans has got an awesome sale on hoffmans, im not a big hoffman fan but theres 6 - $700 bikes for like $350, so that might not be a bad idea.

S

sr71racer

bike post #7
my bad, not a WTP in dans, i meant eastern.

P

PoserPro

bike post #8
Poverty G-ride for $399 in dans

I

infantry43RIDER

bike post #9
evanc said:
http://www.danscomp.com/cgi-bin/hazel.cgi?action=DETAIL&item=281006

Plus my frame = less than $400.
yes but how long with that stuff last if he gets into it...i don't think very long...maybe the wheelset though.

E

EasternBMX

bike post #10
Get an Eastern Jane or Ace of Spades atom series it will last

I

infantry43RIDER

bike post #11
yea im with ya...if you want a good complete just go get and eastern something or another.

E

evanc

bike post #12
infantry43RIDER said:
evanc said:
http://www.danscomp.com/cgi-bin/hazel.cgi?action=DETAIL&item=281006

Plus my frame = less than $400.
yes but how long with that stuff last if he gets into it...i don't think very long...maybe the wheelset though.
A hell of a lot longer than any complete.

I

infantry43RIDER

bike post #13
well yes of course...im sure getting those parts packages is great if you are starting out and not wanting to get a new bike right away like you would have to with a complete...im just saying its like all poverty parts...i don't know how much future abuse they can take.

New Topics