bike size?

• Discuss bike size? in the Flatlanders Country forum in area BMX-Forum Community; hey everyone i am just getting back into the game after a couple of decades. i am looking about gettting a DK opis or signal. My main question is i... ...
K

kal thax

bike size? post #1
hey everyone i am just getting back into the game after a couple of decades. i am looking about gettting a DK opis or signal. My main question is i know flatland bikes have smaller TT (19ish) and i am 5-11 185lbs, will that be ok for me or should i get a longer street bike and get some pegs and brakes for it. i really want a flatland bike, i am just worried when i get it will be too small.

ps no local shops in my area carry them so i will order one from danscomp or flatland fuel.

TommyBoy69

TommyBoy69

bike size? post #2
I have a flatland frame bud and the tt is just under the 19" mark I'm 6-1 by the way and a big bloke the only problem is with my size 12 shit kickers i some times catch the back pegs when riding. I'm sure if the design of a street bike would make tricks harder to learn like flat land forks the have a 0mm dropout as opposed to street with say a 20mm dropout (makes all the difference you see) :)

Hope this helps

-Tommyboy-

K

kal thax

bike size? post #3
Thanx man, you totally have put my mind at ease. i will look into one of the DK's for sure.

diabeticboy

diabeticboy

bike size? post #4
smaller tt's make it easier for whip tricks and also make the bike lighter and easier to flip under you and pick up

New Topics