Bike Shop Lace Hubs, how much?

• Discuss Bike Shop Lace Hubs, how much? in the General BMX Forum forum in area BMX-Forum Community; how much normally does it cost at a bike shot to lace up some spokes to a rim and hub? ...
  • Tags bike guide shop
RuLe

RuLe

Bike Shop Lace Hubs, how much? post #1
how much normally does it cost at a bike shot to lace up some spokes to a rim and hub?

R

rocket

Bike Shop Lace Hubs, how much? post #2
depending where u live, $25-$30 (give or take a couple bucks)

RuLe

RuLe

Bike Shop Lace Hubs, how much? post #3
how long does it actually take for someone that nos how to do it? like 30 mins or maybe 1 hour?

I

infantry43RIDER

Bike Shop Lace Hubs, how much? post #4
there are guides that you can look at that can take you through the process...but yes it does take up a pretty decent chuck of your day.

R

rocket

Bike Shop Lace Hubs, how much? post #5
any bike mechanic thats done it a number of times can usually lace a rim in a hour and have have it ready to go.
it should never take more than 2 hours. and yeah, there are a few web sites that explain how to lace a rim. just type it in google or what ever.

M

Mr_Shrapnel

Bike Shop Lace Hubs, how much? post #7
yeah, price and time totally vary from place to place, shop to shop, and person to person.

I

infantry43RIDER

Bike Shop Lace Hubs, how much? post #8
i used to always take my rims and hubs to a shop...but when i found that G-SPOrT guide...i lace them.

F

federal_rider12

Bike Shop Lace Hubs, how much? post #9
lots of shops are different ive seen it range from $15-$45 and then truing is like $10-$20 and most shops, depending on how much they have to do, can lace in an hour but just call up your shop and find out

E

evanc

Bike Shop Lace Hubs, how much? post #10
It really isn't that hard to do.

F

federal_rider12

Bike Shop Lace Hubs, how much? post #11
i spent 3 days trying to figure out how to lace a wheel myself then i found a guide online and an hour later i was done

RuLe

RuLe

Bike Shop Lace Hubs, how much? post #12
you no that haro cassette i bought. it came with stainless steel spokes. well i ordered some black stainless steel spokes. think it will look better? I really should of asked them to change it when i bought it dammit

POST 800**** 8) 8) 8)

M

Mr_Shrapnel

Bike Shop Lace Hubs, how much? post #13
what the hell, you actually bought some black spokes over your stainless steel ones, just so they look better? and your going to go through all of the hassle of re-lacing them, for that!? i dont really like to judge people - especially if i dont know them - , but......

RuLe

RuLe

Bike Shop Lace Hubs, how much? post #14
yea i no but i just didnt like the ones that came on them and i was thinking making half silver half black like 1 after the other

G

Bike Shop Lace Hubs, how much? post #15
bike shops charge 20 just to true rims

RuLe

RuLe

Bike Shop Lace Hubs, how much? post #16
but they still got to take off my spokes that are already on it and install new ones

F

federal_rider12

Bike Shop Lace Hubs, how much? post #17
dude be smart if your going to put in new spokes and your wheel is still true take one spoke out at a time and you wont have to worry about anything

fenixbykeco

fenixbykeco

Bike Shop Lace Hubs, how much? post #18
beaner said:
bike shops charge 20 just to true rims
And end up handing you a loose spoked pile of shit. I true my own rims now just by tension but by all means do NOT do that when wheel building.

D

Devourment 138

Bike Shop Lace Hubs, how much? post #19
federal_rider12 said:
dude be smart if your going to put in new spokes and your wheel is still true take one spoke out at a time and you wont have to worry about anything
yeap..and if ya cant get it streight, then take it in to be trued for 10-20 bucks

RuLe

RuLe

Bike Shop Lace Hubs, how much? post #20
man **** this i wont put the spokes on in along time. ****ing they said 40 bucks

I said well its 48spoke and their are spokes on the rim already and i need them taken off and put new black ones on. he said o that would be about 50bucks

Screw that, cant i take 1 spoke off at once and replace that with a black one and then continue that pattern over and over without messin up the rim?

New Topics