bike question...

• Discuss bike question... in the Beginners / New to BMX forum in area BMX-Forum Community; Hello, i'm new here to these forums, i am 12 years old, and have just started REALLY trying to BMX. My friends and i ride ramps, try ****y peg... ...
  • Tags bike bmx gt
O

onlinekid10

bike question... post #1
Hello, i'm new here to these forums, i am 12 years old, and have just started REALLY trying to BMX. My friends and i ride ramps, try ****y peg positions, attempt to bunnyhop(i can do it but only get 2 inches off of th e ground), and just goof off. But recently, i've been seeing guys with bikes of brands i am not familiar with. My bike is a new DiamondBack Grind 03' BMX model, and i wanted to know if it was any good. I believe it weighs something of 31 or so pounds, and i don't know if its a good bike to ride. Any help out there?

P.S. - This is not another "i need sum help wit bunnayhoppin, yo." thread. I just wanna know if my bike is alright or not.

T

Tibro

bike question... post #2
well i'd say that 31 punds is pretty good if your only 12.. i mean you will always need strength but atleast you havent got a heavy 40 lb or anything bike... practice is the word... and i gotta do more of it lol

C

casperh

bike question... post #3
in fact the bike is pretty ok :hmm:

LYnCho1

LYnCho1

bike question... post #4
bike question

im new to bmx aswell and i av da shittest bike ever a very old diamonback ignitor which is probs fake or sumfink but i was finkin of gettin a dk 4 pack

wot u fink

LYnCho1

LYnCho1

bike question... post #5
where u from onlinekid10, wot city town country

I

infantry43RIDER

bike question... post #6
don't worry about your bike at this point dude.
you are young and just starting out...pretty much any bike will do.
just get out there and ride.

LYnCho1

LYnCho1

bike question... post #7
so wot u fink of the dk 4 pack or wtp daredevil?

T

Trimix

bike question... post #8
Infantry kind of took the words right outta' my mouth. My son is 10, he doesn't possess the strength and agility to pull anything yet, but at 12 I think you start to get to the point you can. There ARE some strength issues here, but you should be crossing that bridge. I don't see any 11 year olds pulling ANYTHING, ANYWHERE.....but I start to see 13 year olds getting pretty good that started where you did.

The bike is really NOT that important right now. Get to where you can hop say 12+ inches, manual fairly well and just have fun. Get good balance, and start learning how the bike behaves under you.

Roll off curbs, small jumps, etc. Give yourself a year of that, you should start progressing. One of the mistakes I THINK people make is thinking....."Ok, I have a bike, now learn tricks" when in reality you are NOT going to learn much of anything in 30 days. At least for me, it takes several hundred of EACH TRICK to even start to get it dialed in. You wil not doubt bunnyhop 589 times before you start getting good at it, and this applies to most tricks.

This is not true for all, some just have it from the start.

Trimix rambling now............

Am I way off, or can I get a "word" :)

E

EPMD

bike question... post #9
Word. :D

I

infantry43RIDER

bike question... post #10
yea dude word.

F

FT rider

bike question... post #11
do you guys know who Louis Monks is?hes pulling some damn good stuff starting aged 9

LYnCho1

LYnCho1

bike question... post #12
im 12 now and had my bike for ages but dint realy get into bmxin dat much until now and i cnt do nefink. not even a b-hop bt i fink my bike dz av an effeck wit crap pedals so i cnt get grip.

and wot u fink bout dk 4 pack and wtp daredevil plz

F

FOL

bike question... post #13
Lyncho can you please post in regular english and not this chat-'english'-language. This makes it easier to read for all of us. Thanks alot

F

federal_rider12

bike question... post #14
actually from what i found i started with heavy bikes(40lbs or so) learned to bunnyhop with them, i spent a year just bunnyhoppin when i was like 11 years old, then i moved up to jumpin off picnic tables(my second attempt didnt go ne where as smooth as my first :lol: ) and now im 16 and ridin a much lighter bike(33lbs) and my bunnyhop is way better when attemptin to jump over things and jumpin onto, sometimes, but just ridin i get like 1ft-2ft so most people think i cant jump the stuff i do

E

EPMD

bike question... post #15
LYnCho1 said:
im 12 now and had my bike for ages but dint realy get into bmxin dat much until now and i cnt do nefink. not even a b-hop bt i fink my bike dz av an effeck wit crap pedals so i cnt get grip.

and wot u fink bout dk 4 pack and wtp daredevil plz

wtf?! do you speak da fuc kin english buddy?

(sry i edited that out i just had to :lol: )

N

NiNo

bike question... post #16
Well im 16 and really only just found the pleasure in BMX riding, I started maybe a few months back with a crappy little Magna bike which really sucked, I could bunnyhop about 4 inches and do jumps of about 3 foot tops till my headset fu*ked and then I got myself a nice new Haro Backtrail X1, I had it about 4 weeks and to ride it is amazing comparing with the Magna, starting out anything that works will do, as you wanna start getting more serious or have the money spare get yourself a better bike, since getting my Haro I have been going off 4 foot jumps, though tabletops cause I aint that good, and can bunnyhop about a foot which is ok i guess, my manuals suck and are about 5 foot tops but practice is good, keep on practicing on any bike and get used to riding, then get yourself a bike to keep a few years and get used to riding it and doing the same old stuff on it, just get comfortable with a nice bike after a few months of biking and then try progressing more and more each week.

P

Pyro insaine

bike question... post #17
its fine 4 a begginer but the mateirial is single tube cromly= weakest bike material except 4 aluminum

Good 4 begginer but as you get bigger-better( assuming you stay into BMX) i suggest u get better parts and a full cromly frame = strongest 4 biking except 4 titainium ( for racing )

New Topics