BHopping how high is enough?

• Discuss BHopping how high is enough? in the Beginners / New to BMX forum in area BMX-Forum Community; First of all im new here, but what i was wondering is how high should i try for to bhop i can already get 17 or so inches regularly but when it is it... ...
  • Tags bike dirt jump street
A

alliance12

BHopping how high is enough? post #1
First of all im new here, but what i was wondering is how high should i try for to bhop i can already get 17 or so inches regularly but when it is it enough for light street riding but mostly dirt?

F

federal_rider12

BHopping how high is enough? post #2
rewrite that b/c i really dont understand

A

alliance12

BHopping how high is enough? post #3
ok im wondering if i really need to bunny hop higher than 17" for general street riding but i mostly do dirt

F

federal_rider12

BHopping how high is enough? post #4
for general street i guess thats enuff but it depends on what u ride round where u live

F

faceoff

BHopping how high is enough? post #5
I just started like 2 months ago and my max at the moment is ~50 cm

T

Tibro

BHopping how high is enough? post #6
man! i started like last week and i can only BHop 2 or 3 inches!

and thats pretty much stationary or slow... god knows how im ever gonna be good at BMX riding! is there any hope? lol

and yea i know its all about practice and 1 week is not enough lol :p but how long did it take you lot to be able to hop like a foot while going along at reasonable speed?

A

alliance12

BHopping how high is enough? post #7
well for me i have been riding and practicing for over a year and i was never able to bunny hop high, then one day somthing just clicked and i was able to get like another foot on my bunnyhop in a few days. before i finally got it i was only bunny hopping like 6 in. so theres definately hope

T

traildemon

BHopping how high is enough? post #8
ok..to face off..the owner of that hideous supermarket bike..remove that picture....it's good that you can bunnyhop 50 cm with that bike...but you should do something out your bars if you want to get higher.

This is the advice they gave me when I first started...don't focus to much on bunnyhopping op flatground...try to jump inside (ofcourse) a ramp. When you do that you just go higher and higher until you can get your feet over the coping. By then you should be able to try an 50-50 stall. This won't be easy..but this is the best way to learn to jump. (by doing this excercise you will also learn how to 180, well not at first)

O

oibmxpunx

BHopping how high is enough? post #9
i would try for like 2-3 feet cuz rails r fun i know ur not going to go out and do rails after only rideing for like a year but still u want to get as high as it can the higher u get the bigger leges u can grind so just keep working on it

I

infantry43RIDER

BHopping how high is enough? post #10
i have the perfect answer for this topic.

if you can't get over the empire state building you should stop riding.
im allowed to ride because i just completed this like 2 minutes ago...sorry guys.

C

casperh

BHopping how high is enough? post #11
alliance12 said:
ok im wondering if i really need to bunny hop higher than 17" for general street riding but i mostly do dirt
that depends on the height of your street objects!! :wink:

C

Crazybobmundo

BHopping how high is enough? post #12
Tibro said:
man! i started like last week and i can only BHop 2 or 3 inches!

and thats pretty much stationary or slow... god knows how im ever gonna be good at BMX riding! is there any hope? lol

and yea i know its all about practice and 1 week is not enough lol :p but how long did it take you lot to be able to hop like a foot while going along at reasonable speed?
Well I put a test, Me and my friends were arguing on how High you can possibly Bunny Hop or whatever. My theory was you can Hop as high as you can jump. My friend could jump high, but He couldnt do the same while he was on his bike. So I wanted to be proven correct. I just kept trying to hop so many times that I got used to jumphing with the weight of my bike. So by the end of the week of arguing, I hopped with my bike and I hoped as high as I could Jump which was 2 feet. I was shocked that i could do it, and so was my friend. Now when i go for a 50/50 grind I sometime jump completely over whatever Im grinding. Its pretty ****ign cool when you jump high, But I gotta learn how to land softer, I feel my whole bike landing pretty harsh to the ground.

It was falling apart...Now my bike was stolen and I dont have a bike...But I got a mongoose... Ha that thing will most definetly fall apart when I ride it, Its winter here in New Hampshire, so no riding for a while. Later Bikers.

F

federal_rider12

BHopping how high is enough? post #13
infantry43RIDER said:
i have the perfect answer for this topic.

if you can't get over the empire state building you should stop riding.
im allowed to ride because i just completed this like 2 minutes ago...sorry guys.
:applause: man how was the landin on that jump ur bike come out workin?????? :hihi:

I

infantry43RIDER

BHopping how high is enough? post #14
i didn't come out working.

T

Tibro

BHopping how high is enough? post #15
lol.. what bout your legs? :p

they must have shattered on impact lol

I

infantry43RIDER

BHopping how high is enough? post #16
yup.
but i still own at the bunnyhop.

T

Tibro

BHopping how high is enough? post #17
lol.. i m well pleased with myself.. the past 3 days i've found an hour between rain to go and practice and although my feet always slip around i managed to finally get some air.. its only like 4 to 6 inches! but hey! its a start and things can only get better! all praise me! :D lol ;) :p

S

sentaafEQpovar

BHopping how high is enough? post #18
Tibro said:
its a start and things can only get better! all praise me! :D lol ;) :p
unless a pirrahana bites your face off

T

Trimix

BHopping how high is enough? post #19
alliance12 said:
First of all im new here, but what i was wondering is how high should i try for to bhop i can already get 17 or so inches regularly but when it is it enough for light street riding but mostly dirt?
I would say 17" is pretty damn good man. I can do 24" pretty regularly, and have even hit 30" a couple of times. That was on a 35 pound Haro 8O

The benefit of bunnyhopping well is broad. If you can hop 36" you can get yourself up on tables and S. I would say 24" would be a good goal, someone told me that when I started and I have found it true.

Bunnyhopping well helps with balance, is good for strength (back, arms, etc) and will help with hopping during manuals, peg stalls, dropping in on vert, etc.....things like that.

T

Tibro

BHopping how high is enough? post #20
sentaafEQpovar said:
unless a pirrahana bites your face off
lol.. yea that could be a minor setback :p

New Topics