Better Brake Performance

G

go4broke44

Better Brake Performance post #1
last night me and the usual group of bmxicans went riding last night through boston, and they were telling me about how they used to use simple green to clean their back rim and brake pads. well i tried it last night, flipped the bike upside down, and pedaled it for a while, while spraying simple green on the back rim. then i just held a paper towel on it, you would be suprised how much black shit comes off the rim. after doing both sides, i wiped off the brake pads until they were clean green (i have the dekka fiesta pads). now when you touch the brakes, they lock up instantly, and squeak if theres any drag. its definitely worth the time it takes to clean.

°

°§çáß°

Better Brake Performance post #2
Yes, the simple green works great, but dilute it with some water first. Its pretty strong and could damage the finish on your wheels, and its hell on some pads. I just use windex to clean my rims, then sand the layer of crap off the pads.

S

Sorage

Better Brake Performance post #3
whats simple green ?
soap ? doesnt make any sense

let me kno :roll:

E

evanc

Better Brake Performance post #5
Duh. Except on Kool-stop Eagle II's in salomon, it gunks to the pads and make them worse.

I

ieatcrayons

Better Brake Performance post #6
put coke on your rims, just try it.

E

evanc

Better Brake Performance post #7
Yeah, corroding your rims is always a good idea. Just like taking the paint off your car so it can rust.

New Topics