Best tires for...

• Discuss Best tires for... in the Park and Vert forum in area BMX-Forum Community; So, I just made a Dan's Comp order and realized i needed a set of tires. What do you guys think is the best tire set for 90% vert/street, and 10%... ...
R

rutmaker

Best tires for... post #1
So,

I just made a Dan's Comp order and realized i needed a set of tires. What do you guys think is the best tire set for 90% vert/street, and 10% grass/dirt? I'm a little new to this but after if buy a set of tires im saving up my money to buy a Eastern Battery.

Thanks,
Taylor

D

danielz

Best tires for... post #2
the ones for 2 dollars are the best, they are good quality and very cheap too. buy a whole bunch, im getting 10 of them 2morro from danscomp along w/ the 2007 eastern ace of spades(YEHA). but the only problem about danscomp is that they dont let u get more than 10 tubes. dont get the battery, save up and get the element at least. the battery is a peice.

R

rutmaker

Best tires for... post #3
I don't need tubes, I'm talking about tires........

ben4everbuyabike

ben4everbuyabike

Best tires for... post #4
odyssey paths are wicked
theyre light (and come in the even lighter "plyte" version)
and they are well goood.

elijah

elijah

Best tires for... post #5
odyssey paths, plytes or even dirt paths should all do fine.

my choice is the fly ruben tyres. very nice

J

jawn

Best tires for... post #6
For 90% street/vert & 10% dirt, you'll want thick/double-ply sidewalls, to prevent damage from wall rides/grinding. You can probably get away with not using 'dirt' tires considering you hardly ever ride dirt, but if you do want something dirt friendly, do so only for the front tire (the rear isn't that important, traction-wise).

A

AaronBMX

Best tires for... post #7
the ones for 2 dollars are the best, they are good quality and very cheap too. buy a whole bunch, im getting 10 of them 2morro from danscomp along w/ the 2007 eastern ace of spades(YEHA). but the only problem about danscomp is that they dont let u get more than 10 tubes. dont get the battery, save up and get the element at least. the battery is a peice.
you have a eastern battery or rode one?
i have one and it's a "beginner"bike but i am not certainly a beginner anymore and i rode 6months straight with it and it held up good and the element is a other TT so that might be different also battery is nicer for a bit smaller guys
and it's good so don't say it's a piece because i rode pretty hard with it

P

PaulieWalnuts

Best tires for... post #8
shadow belters are a nice tire i'm runnin then now and they are wicked smooth on the parks and nice and grippy on the dirt.

R

Robf781

Best tires for... post #9
I just got some cheap dura tyres from a local shop (it was all they had) as both tyres seem to rub a bit at the moment so I needed some 1.95's. they were only a fiver each and seem ok, rated to 75psi and reasonable looking. They'll do me for now anyway.

RideBmx92

RideBmx92

1,000,000th post poster
Best tires for... post #10
Primo Comet? they fineee or Oddesey

R

Robf781

Best tires for... post #11
Put the Dura's on today and they seem good, they're lighter then my previous tires by quite a bit too, even if they only last a couple of months you can't go wrong for a fiver

720 TAilwhip

720 TAilwhip

Best tires for... post #12
if not grinding then shodow belters but oddys dirt path if you are grinding

flybikes765

flybikes765

Best tires for... post #13
i run an odyssey path on the back and a fly ruben on the front and that holds up well both at the skatepark and at the trails

New Topics