best forks

• Discuss best forks in the BMX Bike Tech forum in area BMX-Forum Community; could you giv me some advice on the best forks to get ...
  • Tags bike bikes dirt
Status
Not open for further replies.
F

fitbike rulz

best forks post #1
could you giv me some advice on the best forks to get

O

oibmxpunx

best forks post #2
odyssey dirt or race

M

Mr_Shrapnel

best forks post #3
if you want a fork which will never break check out the s&m pichfork, however that is a little heavy. if you want something a bit lighter check out the odyssey 41 dirt fork. and yes if you want something super light and dont run pegs, maybe you could go for the odyssey race fork (hell adam banton rides them)

D

DrunkPunk180

best forks post #5
fitbike rulz said:
y did u post 2 of these?

F

federal_rider12

best forks post #6
check out federal fork. its light(some people think they arent but they are or maybe its just me but they weight the same as odyssey dirt forks and i picked up both of them the pitchfork lite was a bit lighter then both of those) and strong, my frame has got dents in it but the forks havent got a dent yet surprising after what happened yesterday

O

oibmxpunx

best forks post #7
DrunkPunk180 said:
fitbike rulz said:
y did u post 2 of these?
if ur talking to me i put two of them down cuz there the same forks the race one are just lighter

F

fitbike rulz

best forks post #8
r fit bikes forks n e good

S

sandmriderbmx

best forks post #9
s&m pitch or anything by snafu or s&m

X

XIII

best forks post #10
fitbike rulz said:
r fit bikes forks n e good
yeah but I recommend Odyssey Dirt forks or if you are really weight concious then gert rqace forks unless you are rough then get Dirt forks...

I pretty much only like Fit frames but I like other companies for other paarts like solid bars, stem, and headset, Odyssey, and primo for other stuff and Tree sprockets :D

P

[PRIMO]

best forks post #11
go with the s&m pitch they got lifetime warranty and so do the volume forks i got they hold up pretty good.

F

federal_rider12

best forks post #12
snafu dont make a fork

RuLe

RuLe

best forks post #13
odyssey dirt forks i would say. they are cheap, got a lifetime warrenty and lighter then s&m pitchforks LITES! and the lites cost 124.99 and the odyssey;s cost 79.99 what would u buy? . i mean it cant get any better then that

F

federal_rider12

best forks post #14
ha odyssey dirt fork lighter then s&m pitch fork lite no way at all. ive picked up both and the s&m is lighter, my federal fork weighs like the same as odyssey dirt but it isnt lighter s&m pitch fork lite. i was going to get the s&m but i didnt have the money to get it, so i payed $80 for my federal fork and its great still no dents in it very surprising when you look at my frame

RuLe

RuLe

best forks post #15
wanna bet?

Odyssey Dirt Forks

http://www.danscomp.com/cgi-bin/hazel.cgi?action=DETAIL&item=353042

4130 chromoly, .065 thick tubing with 1-1/4" diameter legs, 6mm thick drop outs w/14mm slots, extra thick steerer tube, built in pre-load system w/ hollow bolt. 41 Thermal process for extra strength. Lifetime guarantee. 20x1-1/8" (45.3 oz)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Pitchfork lites

http://www.danscomp.com/cgi-bin/hazel.cgi?action=DETAIL&item=353016

Lighter version of the classic Pitch fork design. Butted steerer and legs save over 1/4 pound without sacrificing strength. 1/4" thick dropouts in 3/8" or 14mm. Machined steerer tube with welded star nut. 20x1-1/8" (48.6 oz).

M

Mr_Shrapnel

best forks post #16
yeah the odyssey are without a doubt lighter, and if you want a taiwanese made fork then i would have to say that, the odyssey is probably the best overall, however if you want an american made fork check out, the s&m picthfork, pitchfork lt, fbm kick ass, and the new fbm fork cb4k?...or something like that.

but if i was in the possition to buy i new fork, i would have get a odyssey dirt. i know loads of people have them, so you could just get caught up iin the hype and buy them, but they REALLY are very good!

O

oibmxpunx

best forks post #17
RuLe said:
wanna bet?

Odyssey Dirt Forks

http://www.danscomp.com/cgi-bin/hazel.cgi?action=DETAIL&item=353042

4130 chromoly, .065 thick tubing with 1-1/4" diameter legs, 6mm thick drop outs w/14mm slots, extra thick steerer tube, built in pre-load system w/ hollow bolt. 41 Thermal process for extra strength. Lifetime guarantee. 20x1-1/8" (45.3 oz)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Pitchfork lites

http://www.danscomp.com/cgi-bin/hazel.cgi?action=DETAIL&item=353016

Lighter version of the classic Pitch fork design. Butted steerer and legs save over 1/4 pound without sacrificing strength. 1/4" thick dropouts in 3/8" or 14mm. Machined steerer tube with welded star nut. 20x1-1/8" (48.6 oz).

and i cant even find any thing on federal forks

F

federal_rider12

best forks post #18
thats danscomp, the weights on there are like all wrong. they say my frame weighs 7lbs no its more like 6lbs 5oz or less. i have picked up both forks and the pitchfork lite lis lighter then odyssey dirt fork. you live by danscomp too much, just because they have a certain weight on there it doesnt make it its true weight

RuLe

RuLe

best forks post #19
federal_rider12 said:
thats danscomp, the weights on there are like all wrong. they say my frame weighs 7lbs no its more like 6lbs 5oz or less. i have picked up both forks and the pitchfork lite lis lighter then odyssey dirt fork. you live by danscomp too much, just because they have a certain weight on there it doesnt make it its true weight

then i dare you to email them and act like an idiot when they reply back saying they are the right weight and you made the error because i can pick up 2 different parts thats 3 oz's off and cant tell the difference whats lighter. But yea the pitchfork lites are real good forks but to expensive when u can buy odyssey forks that are probably the same strength and pay way way less.

dotn even say odyssey forks are heavery then pitchforks. they aren't what so ever even if they where the same weight i would still get the odyssey's

F

federal_rider12

best forks post #20
pitchforks weigh more then dirt forks but pitchfork lites are lighter then dirt forks. and to take what a mailorder says its weight is like never right you need to pick it up yourself to know. like i said mailorders say my bike was 7lbs and mine weighs more like 6lbs 5oz or less it could be more like 5lbs 10oz the frame is super light unlike what mailorders say

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Topics