Best Brake Performance

• Discuss Best Brake Performance in the Beginners / New to BMX forum in area BMX-Forum Community; ive looked through the search thing for threads about how to make your brakes work better but none helped me.... i have U brakes atm and want them to... ...
G

Best Brake Performance post #1
ive looked through the search thing for threads about how to make your brakes work better but none helped me.... i have U brakes atm and want them to work real nice... any tips?

L

LuMpY

Best Brake Performance post #2
Lube your cables. Keep enough tension on the springs. Clean your pads. Clean your rim. Chrome rims are best for braking.

P

Pyro insaine

Best Brake Performance post #3
Get some new springs

Get a primo pervert, its made 4 custom adjustments 4 a gyro but take the middle part "guts" and replace it as ur u brake conector (the U shaped peice that connects the brake cable 2 the stradle cable) it alows u 2 run 2 stradle cables. it gives u a more even braking

Get ur back wheel trued

If u dont know what im talkin about email me @ msm77msm@cs.com

G

Best Brake Performance post #4
im gonna do what lumpy said... maybe get another cable cause my cable is raped at the end.. oh yea and it seems that pyro is talking about a gyro set up *im using single cable*

RuLe

RuLe

Best Brake Performance post #5
Yea i am gonna take off my gyro and make it one long cable

S

sentaafEQpovar

Best Brake Performance post #6
man
i put on a royce union back wheel, and my brakes = greatness.... its shammed im not gonna be riding park with it..... or am i?

G

Best Brake Performance post #7
haha you tried to abbubica the little front step of an abandend building and my brakes were shitty so you slipped back and made a loud ass thump on the woodened up door and the fat broad with hella make up came out and we were telling her about spiderman and shit.. dumb broads

L

LuMpY

Best Brake Performance post #8
Royce Union? :hihi: That's hilarious. Try a Next wheel I heard they're better :roll:

S

sentaafEQpovar

Best Brake Performance post #9
The POS rolls damn smooth, it aint wobbbly, and as long as i dont grind or do drop off or land hard or nothing, i should be fine.... right?

L

LuMpY

Best Brake Performance post #10
Under "normal" riding conditions, I'd give it a few months..maybe.

S

sentaafEQpovar

Best Brake Performance post #11
few months, thats a ****ing awseome life expectancy for a royce union wheel, YAY

F

federal_rider12

Best Brake Performance post #12
new cable, new springs, new pads, readjust the tension of the cable for loose or tight operation, make sure that the brake adjuster isnt over tighten to were it takes a whole bunch of force to get them to work, or hell make sure it is lubed and not rusted

RuLe

RuLe

Best Brake Performance post #13
brakes work better on chrome or black rims?

I

infantry43RIDER

Best Brake Performance post #14
chrome.
but with that odyssey dularlejatjlja or whatever its called...they work the same...its a black rim.

F

federal_rider12

Best Brake Performance post #15
duralectra is anodized black for brakin power thats all too expensive to have a black rim with brakin power but i havent had probs with brakin power on painted rims, chrome rims i used some cheap hard brake pads and couldnt stop for crap and messed up the chrome platin, for me silver rims have the greatest brakin power but now i dont care painted, chrome, silver just whatever rim i want i will get b/c my brake pads will stop on nethin with no trouble

M

Mr_Shrapnel

Best Brake Performance post #16
all the above are great tips, and you should take notice, but one of the best tips which i found useful was to simply take some time out working how how to dial them in perfectly for yourself, rather than just getting pee'd of every time you need to adjust them, just relax and take your time over it.

S

sandmriderbmx

Best Brake Performance post #17
i ride brakless, its the way to go

New Topics