Best 3pc cranks

• Discuss Best 3pc cranks in the BMX Bike Tech forum in area BMX-Forum Community; What is the best 3pc crank? I just got my new DK bike and i f**ked up the crank, so now need to change it. ...
  • Tags cranks
C

custom_rider04

Best 3pc cranks post #1
What is the best 3pc crank?
I just got my new DK bike and i f**ked up the crank, so now need to change it.

I

infantry43RIDER

Best 3pc cranks post #2
there really is no "best"...because different cranks are for different people dude...
some good ones in my opinion...

RNC

L

leon_luxton

Best 3pc cranks post #3
PRIMO OR PROFILE :D

K

kam_holmes

Best 3pc cranks post #4
profile, lots of spares about & can take anything you can throw at them. ive never heard anything bad about them. fit and forget......

M

Mr_Shrapnel

Best 3pc cranks post #5
you cannot say what are the BEST cranks, its all personal needs/ wants, but generally most people think that cranks made by, primo, solid, profile, an drnc are pretty dang good.

S

sandmriderbmx

Best 3pc cranks post #6
i like the snafu 13

def NOT the industry rockers

X

XIII

Best 3pc cranks post #7
Odyssey 41THERMAL

D

Deliciouspeed

Best 3pc cranks post #8
The profile euro bb sucks though, dont use it-it is tough though. The primo 22mm is tiite. Havent used a 19mm I liked yet.

T

Trimix

Best 3pc cranks post #9
I run 180mm profiles, on a Euro BB.

I haven't seen this "strength" issue surface yet with my bearings that everyone says I would, and am smoother than I use to be....but I regularly pull SLAMMING disaster stalls, and that HAS to be a good test of them. Course I have only been riding them about three months.

fenixbykeco

fenixbykeco

Best 3pc cranks post #10
kam_holmes said:
profile, lots of spares about & can take anything you can throw at them. ive never heard anything bad about them. fit and forget......
Besides the occasional snap at the welds.

I got Snafu 13 forged by mistake but ran them anyways. Theyre beat up as hell but still running fine.

R

rocket

Best 3pc cranks post #11
Trimix said:
I run 180mm profiles, on a Euro BB.

I haven't seen this "strength" issue surface yet with my bearings that everyone says I would, and am smoother than I use to be....but I regularly pull SLAMMING disaster stalls, and that HAS to be a good test of them. Course I have only been riding them about three months.
profiles all the way. for life.

thats nice to hear about the euroBB. so many riders talk shit about them and have no clue what their talking about. i just got a DK weapon and a Fit series 2. im waiting for my euroBB to arrive.... got both frames brand new off eBay..... i want to see which is more comfy for me. i guess you could say im spoiled but i make good money. :p

D

Deliciouspeed

Best 3pc cranks post #12
The profile bearings themselves are tough IMO, the thing that sucks is that you dont screw the left side bearing in all the way, you have to run a gap there so the clearences are right. But pedeling and hitting the bb(rare) causes the bearing with the gap to spin in and clap down hard on the spacer in between. This produces a clicking feeling. I hate when my bike doesn't feel smooth. Makes me wonder if I can trust it. I ran the bearings for a while, they never broke or failed to run smoothly even when they were super tight. I dislike them because they need too much maintenance. Lock tite would fix the threading while pedaling though.

The primo bb is of a much better design, only for 22mm though.
The profile comes with two spacers in the middle, depending on bb width.
The primo has one, and the second bearing has a lock ring instead of just having a standard lip. Will work for profile SS, primo, wtp, xs some others I think.

RuLe

RuLe

Best 3pc cranks post #13
my friend has some profile racing cranks. they came with hes mongoose pro

ak_freebird

ak_freebird

Best 3pc cranks post #14
I have the Snafu 4130s and there badass. Holding up very well. If I was to get another pair of cranks they'd either be the Primo Powerbites or the Excels just cause they seem to look really good. Lots of friends here have the Powerbites and they seem to hold up just fine. Good luck with your choice.

F

federal_rider12

Best 3pc cranks post #15
rnc rider made and made to his specs and very high quality to give the titanium spindle a lifetime warranty. also the crank arms are 7075 aluminum and are thick very strong and very light. the pedal boss has a titanium insert and a anit-rotation pin so it will never slip, unlike other aluminum cranks but the best part is that this crank is the same price has all others!! cheaper then most profiles, slightly more then snafu(in some places), and equal to most other cranks

im not sure but i just read up on them again and i think the entire crank has a warranty against bending, breaking, and stripping out

I

infantry43RIDER

Best 3pc cranks post #16
yea dude...i love RNC cranks.
not really that big of a fan of RNCs other parts...but the cranks are definitly amazing.
i just picked up a pair actually...in black 175mm.
i won't be using them for a little while now...but im selling my profiles real soon.

New Topics