bent front rim?

• Discuss bent front rim? in the General BMX Forum forum in area BMX-Forum Community; i was riding to school earlier and a lady didn't see me on the sidewalk and pulled out and hit me with her SUV. i was in shock and scared cause i was... ...
AmericanFear

AmericanFear

bent front rim? post #1
i was riding to school earlier and a lady didn't see me on the sidewalk and pulled out and hit me with her SUV. i was in shock and scared cause i was worried i broke something. after the adrenalin settled and i was able to sit down for a bit i looked at my bike and saw that it was fine and so once i saw i was fine i went home to straighten my handlebars. on my way back home i noticed that my front wheel seemed a bit wobbly. It looks like my rim might me bent just ever so slightly. Will it make a differnce (in other words, will it damage anything more) if i continue to ride on it? as i said, its only slightly bent

SnK

SnK

bent front rim? post #2
When you spin it its bent do you mean?
Or its structually bent?

Creepozoid

Creepozoid

bent front rim? post #3
it can be ridden like that, but its better to take it in and get it trued

MrMikexxxx

MrMikexxxx

bent front rim? post #4
try and get it trued,

you better sue her, then you can get a new wheel! she will have to reimburse the damage,

and go hurt yourself and blame her lol

dannytupac

dannytupac

bent front rim? post #7
:clap:

Jak94

Jak94

bent front rim? post #8
i feel for u man!
i was coming home from some trials n went through my local town to go home quicker and lights was on red so i went and this car went through a red light and hit me real bad my bike was like BENT!! thats how i got my new bike so i was quite happy with the results

90psi

90psi

bent front rim? post #9
sue her sue her sue her!

E

EasternFoLife

bent front rim? post #10
Its fine dude chill be happy your okay =)

Jake Eats Cake

Jake Eats Cake

bent front rim? post #11
sue her
my mate got hit by a car and got a few grand in compensation and he didnt brake any bones, if you clame that she broke parts on your bike, then youve got sommat to go on

mack_turtle

mack_turtle

bent front rim? post #12
first of all- did you get her insurance information?! you might have been seriously hurt and not know it. you might have screwed up your spine and you will not know for years, when it acts up and it's too late to go after her insurance company. this is the voice of experience. when you are injured in a car accident, you need to get all the reimbursement you can for your injury. you will regret it later when you have problems with mobility, digestion, sexual disfunction, etc because your spinal column was damaged and you did not get it corrected by a chiropractor or physiotherapist.

you need to get her insurance company to pay for you to see a doctor and make sure everything is ok, then make her buy you a new front wheel.

concerning the wheel, if it's really bad, you need a new rim and probably some spokes. if it's just a little tweaked, you need to true it with a spoke wrench. not hard to do.

AmericanFear

AmericanFear

bent front rim? post #13
it looks just a lil tweaked so ill take it in to get trued (somehow i didnt even think about that, doh!) but i dont intend to sue this lady. I thought about it but i feel fine, my leg feels a little tweaked and thats it, plus she was real nice and honest about it and didnt look much older than me so i didnt want to put her through it. Maybe its just my personality, im very forgiving.

JoeyWinkle

JoeyWinkle

bent front rim? post #14
Well good for you, i don't know why people have the obsession with sueing. I think that you did the right thing for being forgiving, and not being an arsehole because thats what gives us a bad name. If you're nicer, they're generally gonna chat to all the people they know like "oh yeah i hit a boy on his bike today. he was O.K. though and really nice.." as opposed to "damn this little butthole flying down the road at mach 10, pulls out, and hits me!" peoples perception of events change in different situations
Trust me, i do psychology at school...
I'm COOL.

if this doesnt make sense
I'm sorry.

L

lucasbmxer

bent front rim? post #15
well, least she did not kill u

no offence to suv drivers, but there always soccer mom divers, wtih 6 viboraters in there ass, b.c there husbands are to busy on so called business trips
she has tons of money and she wont spend it

tell that ****ing bich u want a new rim. and go back and roll that Suv on a slight curve.

JoeyWinkle

JoeyWinkle

bent front rim? post #16
^^^^^^
Thats what i mean.

AmericanFear

AmericanFear

bent front rim? post #17
well, least she did not kill u

no offence to suv drivers, but there always soccer mom divers, wtih 6 viboraters in there ass, b.c there husbands are to busy on so called business trips
she has tons of money and she wont spend it

tell that ****ing bich u want a new rim. and go back and roll that Suv on a slight curve.
well she wasnt a soccer mom, she was a younger lady, looked like she just got out of school at the oldest, and she was clearly just as scared as i was.

purplebmx23

purplebmx23

bent front rim? post #18
hhmm... i agree with EasternFoLife. : D

IB Street

IB Street

bent front rim? post #19
You could try to sue her, what front wheel you riding?

New Topics