bent dropout?

• Discuss bent dropout? in the BMX Bike Tech forum in area BMX-Forum Community; ok well i know i have a crappy frame and all but i dont think it should bend this easy. (i have an eastern ramrodder) well i went to tighten my chain... ...
ktm125rider

ktm125rider

bent dropout? post #1
ok well i know i have a crappy frame and all but i dont think it should bend this easy. (i have an eastern ramrodder) well i went to tighten my chain tonight and my back wheel wouldnt move back so i looked at the dropouts and the bottem part on the right side is bent and was clamping the wheel in. i got it out but it is still bent. i DO grind on the right side and im guessing that has alot to do with it. i was also wondering if i end up bending it so bad or cracking somthing will eastern give me a new frame? or give me a discount on a new one?that was my main question and also should i try to bend it back?thanks to anyone who helps.

bike ryder

bike ryder

bent dropout? post #2
happens to me somtimes.. get a wrench and bend it back a little.. dont do it alot tho, it weakends it.

it the dropout snaps over time.. eastern should warranty it

ktm125rider

ktm125rider

bent dropout? post #3
alright sick man thanks for helping ill try it tomarow

bike ryder

bike ryder

bent dropout? post #4
no problem man

jumpman2334

jumpman2334

bent dropout? post #5
happens to me somtimes.. get a wrench and bend it back a little.. dont do it alot tho, it weakends it.

it the dropout snaps over time.. eastern should warranty it
eastern wont warranty it if you do that to it... plus its great eastern quality too...

bike ryder

bike ryder

bent dropout? post #6
i meant if he doesnt fix it and it snaps they will warranty it

and eastern isnt that great. i know lol

ktm125rider

ktm125rider

bent dropout? post #7
alright i need a new frame anyways and ya eastern quality..haha
does painting a frame void a warrintee?

Last edited:
jumpman2334

jumpman2334

bent dropout? post #8
i meant if he doesnt fix it and it snaps they will warranty it

and eastern isnt that great. i know lol
if it snaps from him putting a wrench to his dropout and bending it back whey will NOT warranty it, thats just being dumb.

youd be lucky if they warrantied it as it is now cause some companies consider it "rider abuse" since he used pegs.

New Topics