Beginner Tricks

• Discuss Beginner Tricks in the General BMX Forum forum in area BMX-Forum Community; Hey, im completely just starting out. I don't have any pegs, but i dont know if i need them yet, I'm just starting. What tricks should i first start... ...
  • Tags barspin jump manual truckdriver vert wheelie
stoned-n-happy

stoned-n-happy

Beginner Tricks post #1
Hey, im completely just starting out. I don't have any pegs, but i dont know if i need them yet, I'm just starting. What tricks should i first start on? (I only ride around on the street, no ramps or such) Any beginning tricks and tutorials would be greatly appreciated

Keep riding (and tokin')
Peace

T

Trimix

Beginner Tricks post #2
You should ask Casper. :) He's stoned too.

Ride. Bunnyhops. Manuals.

Canadian_BMX

Canadian_BMX

Beginner Tricks post #3
2-wheel bunnyhop, J-hop, manual, barspin(if u get pedals), sidehop

G

Beginner Tricks post #4
truckdrivers over vert spines are pretty easy

T

Trimix

Beginner Tricks post #5
panteraman said:
truckdrivers over vert spines are pretty easy
Riiiight........c'mon, don't tease him....lol

B

BMX_Cem

Beginner Tricks post #6
firstly sort your bunnyhops out, they are by far the most important thing you need to learn in BMXing. Then get the other basics down, like wheelies to get the feel of getting your front end up, which you then make into manuels (without pedalling in a wheelie). After that, maybe try some little dirt-jumps, and go down to your local skatepark and practise dropping in - off your pegs first time when you get some, then just rolling in ..... which you can make a hop in when you've sorted your bunny-hops!

Good luck

stoned-n-happy

stoned-n-happy

Beginner Tricks post #7
barspins eh..

can you do a barspin without pegs?
Also, i did get pegs, which i should put where do you think (i only have 2) I was thinking both on the back. But (there is always a but), they go on weird and i cant figure out how they work. They dont just screw, you have to put them on, and then deep inside them you have to screw the nut back on (if anyone gets what im saying).

T

Trimix

Beginner Tricks post #8
Sure...we all get it. You have to take the nut off of the back wheel axle, slide the peg over it, and then use a 3/4" socket with an EXTENSION to reach into the peg and retighten the bolt.

stoned-n-happy

stoned-n-happy

Beginner Tricks post #9
trouble with barspin

man, can you do a barspin without going off of a jump or anything? I was just out there and i tried it out, and i spun the bar as fast as possible and i whiped out. Also, do you have to lift the front wheel off before, because if your supposed to bring one hand across to other handle palm up, how do you pull off the front wheel?

E

EPMD

Beginner Tricks post #10
do a little manual (good enough to spin your bars) and then just spin it.. or try half barspins

T

Trimix

Beginner Tricks post #11
EPMD - I am juuuust up to the point I am starting to think about working on these....I never thought of half bar spins...hmmm

E

EPMD

Beginner Tricks post #12
Yeah i was thinking about trying a couple off of feebles... but i didnt wanna end a good day with a nasty crash :lol:

stoned-n-happy

stoned-n-happy

Beginner Tricks post #13
Im Back From Practise

Alright so i need some more tips.
I've made progress.
I can now easily lift the front wheel (any everything except back wheel) over a foot off the ground each time, and im starting to get the hang of endos, though they take me a while, and i cant hold an endo at all yet.
I wanna head out asap for more practise (its only 9, still early in the night) and so i need some pointers...
How would i go about getting my back wheel off the ground to complete my bunny hop. I remembered saying something about pointing your toes, and putting your weight somewhere but i didnt understand. Please some pointers.
On the endo, im not to worried about it, it'll just take time.

Peace

New Topics