beginner (of course?)

T

tire_d

beginner (of course?) post #1
Hey there
I have been skateboarding for about 3 years, and I actually suck, i have only learned two trix, ollie and 180, if anybody is into skating. :(
but now i have thought about riding bmx freestyle :D , so i need some info about bmx, i have been looking hard for websites, that can tell me what bmx really are, is it hard to learn, which bike can i get cheap, without losing to much quality? so now i hope that some of you guys could help me.
i am 155 cm tall, and weights about 40 kg or something, yeah im pretty small....

thanx

S

sentaafEQpovar

beginner (of course?) post #4
ok! if ur just starting, i HIGHLY recommend not going and buying a bike thats more than $100 bucks or however many euro that is, u convert it, just go to any 23 year old guys house, and they are highly likely to have some old gt racing frame in thier garage that just needs some innertubes a good derusting, and buy for likw $15

T

tire_d

beginner (of course?) post #5
thanx alot...

S

StandardOX

beginner (of course?) post #6
Get a byke off of Ebay.

B

BioHazard

beginner (of course?) post #7
I'm with Sentaaf on this.

**** reading up on it. Go get a cheap bike and see what you can do. Hell, I'm riding an old GT right now because my FBM got stolen. I picked it up for 5 bucks.

Sure, it's not a nice bike, but it works. I don't expect it'll last me much longer (3 bent cranks, 2 bent sprockets, and a bent rim in a week) on my current supply of parts, but it does work.

Basically, I went around, purchased that GT bike for the frame, and went around asking random people if they had any old bikes laying around that they'd be willing to sell for 5-10 bucks. I bought 5 bikes including the GT, tore 'em apart, kept everything but the frame and brakes on each bike, and tossed the frames out in a recycling box with a sign on it saying "free frames" in the front yard.

It'll save you a lot of money if you end up not being able to cut it in BMX like you couldn't in skateboarding. Save you time as well, cuz you won't have to sell a bike when/if you figure out BMX isn't for you.

New Topics