Basic tools?

• Discuss Basic tools? in the BMX Bike Tech forum in area BMX-Forum Community; Hello everyone i was wondering what type of tools is the basics of fixing your bike and maintaning it to the best that you can. I was looking around... ...
I

idontknow312

Basic tools? post #1
Hello everyone i was wondering what type of tools is the basics of fixing your bike and maintaning it to the best that you can.

I was looking around Danscomp lately and i have spotted this tool kit and i was wondering if it had most of the basic tools that are required to fix your bike. Any suggestion of tools that was not included in that kit or any suggestion of other tools that is use to fix your bike will be appreciated.

Basic tool kit = http://www.danscomp.com/811114.php?cat=TOOLS

34 Piece kit = http://www.danscomp.com/811111.php?cat=TOOLS

Q

Quen

Basic tools? post #3
you just need a metric allen wrench set 3-8mm, tire irons, at least 2 adjustable wrenches, bottle nose pliers, chain breaker, a redular and a philips screw driver, and a hammer and maybe a visegrip for when stuff is being difficult. that's all i've ever used on my bike.

seanmcguire

seanmcguire

Basic tools? post #4
ratchet set for pegs ^

911freeagentbmx911

911freeagentbmx911

Basic tools? post #5
just go out and buy a rachet set metric and american shouldnt be too much then go to walmart and pick up a set of american and a set of metric allen sockets and if you plan on running pegs pick up an entension or a long socket

thats just about it pick up some turtle wax to prevent rust and maybe pick up a pedal wrench too at a local shop and a chain breaker incase you decide to change your gearing...oh and some screwdrivers but im guessing u alrdy have them

pick up some wd40 incase you encounter any surface rust(remvoes it wicked good) and pick up some grease id suggest regreasing headset /pedals/BB once a month and if you wanna **** with your hub u can grease that up too

thats really all i use is allen sockets and sockets other than that i just clean my bike and im dont u dont need nething too special too keep ur bike up to par

excess01

excess01

Basic tools? post #7
do you know any discount codes at pricepoint

ATP

ATP

Basic tools? post #8
Set of allen keys, adjustable wrench is all I need.

New Topics