Bars and Brake levers

• Discuss Bars and Brake levers in the General BMX Forum forum in area BMX-Forum Community; What is the best way to bend a brake lever? I am going to be cutting my bars down, but wanted to find the best way to bend the lever if I ran it on the... ...
  • Tags barspin dirt x-up
H

haro_bmx_king

Bars and Brake levers post #1
What is the best way to bend a brake lever? I am going to be cutting my bars down, but wanted to find the best way to bend the lever if I ran it on the bend of the bars. Also, what is a good width to cut the bars to if you do a lot of barspin stuff and x-ups.

S

StandardOX

Bars and Brake levers post #2
What bars do you have? You don't need supershort bars to X-up and barspin, it's all in your head. Oh yeah, don't bend ur lever, buy the dirt harry, it's already bent for bar bends.

E

Element Biker Dude

Bars and Brake levers post #3
yea i have a dirt harry and its the best lever :twisted:

N

n3lli

Bars and Brake levers post #4
get ur seat post out, and put it over ur lever and bend it. thats how i did it. Then just file down any sharp metal things sticking out.

V

Vic_Vega

Bars and Brake levers post #5
Go with the Dirt Harry

T

Trimix

Bars and Brake levers post #6
StandardOX said:
What bars do you have? You don't need supershort bars to X-up and barspin, it's all in your head. Oh yeah, don't bend ur lever, buy the dirt harry, it's already bent for bar bends.
Agree, especially with the "all in your head" part.....

S

sentaafEQpovar

Bars and Brake levers post #7
why spend 15-30 dollars on a new brake lever when u can just ****ing bend yours, jesus christ. find a small metal pipe, stick the brake lever in it, then stick the other rouund thing that goes around ur handle bars on a different metal pipe, and then bend.... call me a hipocrit thogh, cuase i got a dirty harry brakelever.... my old one snapped or sumthing, i forget

G

Bars and Brake levers post #8
use a nail

H

haro_bmx_king

Bars and Brake levers post #9
thanks guys, I just used a pipe wrench and bent it.

S

sentaafEQpovar

Bars and Brake levers post #10
dont get smart boy

H

haro_bmx_king

Bars and Brake levers post #11
SMART

New Topics