bar spins

• Discuss bar spins in the Street Riding forum in area BMX-Forum Community; i cant do them when i bunny hop. only when i manual. ...
C

coolbeans4567

bar spins post #1
i cant do them when i bunny hop.
only when i manual.

justinmeyers

justinmeyers

bar spins post #2
i can't do them but i know you need to pinch your knees and make sure you catch the bars before your wheel front hits the ground, learn hop half barspins first.

bettley661

bettley661

bar spins post #3
Me & a friend were tryin them yesterday (he landed a few and i was gettini real close)
Anyway all that non sesnse about pinchin your seat is BS.

try them on a bank at first if possible theyre easier on a bank i think

HBkid

HBkid

bar spins post #4
Just hop and level out, when you his the peak of your hop throw them. Pinching the seat isn't important. You really have to commit to doing these, but once you get them they are easy.

B

Biking2112

bar spins post #5
True dat HBkid, I learned them on the ground without pinching my seat and I'm trying to get them on a hop, I find that when you don't pinch your seat it's good for me to have my head straight above my stem looking at my bars.

R

Robf781

bar spins post #6
Tried the pinching seat method and it's just BS, it hurts your knees and you end up with your seat stuck right out of your seat tube like a pratt (if you're the same size as me or taller anyhoo).

I'll have a go at the "normal" method later and we'll see how that goes.

Minitrix

Minitrix

bar spins post #7
Try them in some long grass, or some surface that doesn't hurt as much as concrete/asphalt.

C

coolbeans4567

bar spins post #8
thanks.
i always hit my knees.
but ill try your tips.

bennyball

bennyball

bar spins post #9
hop, tuck, chuck, catch, land
dont think about pinching, as soon as your hands leave the bars, your legs instinctivly pinch together anyway. dont be scared of them

I

IFlipBMXBikes

bar spins post #10
Do you keep your feet on the pedals when doing a hop bar spin? WOuld this be the proper method:
1) hop
2) at the peak of the hop, throw the bars
3) catch the bars
4) land

?

C

coolbeans4567

bar spins post #11
i tried them today and my bike just fell out from under me.
it got really frustrating.

B

Biking2112

bar spins post #12
maybe try pinching the entire bike with your feet.

B

baldy806

bar spins post #13
Do you keep your feet on the pedals when doing a hop bar spin? WOuld this be the proper method:
1) hop
3) catch the bars
4) land

?
no ****ing shit... :clap:

instantz45

instantz45

bar spins post #14
1) hop
3) catch the bars
4) land

?
no silly throw the bars before you hop. then once the bars are half way around, then you hop. its the easiest way

R

Robf781

bar spins post #15
Actually it's easier to throw the bars before you start riding (just lift the front and throw them) then get on your bike and concentrate on a good hop you can say "I can do a barspin...............bunnyhop" :hihi:

I

IFlipBMXBikes

bar spins post #16
Alright I got it mastered. I threw the bars before I woke up then I woke up and showered and ate breakfast then I went outside and started riding my bike, then I hopped and caught the bars before I landed. Landed back tire first too which is great. Do you think it would be easier if I threw the bars before I went to bed? That way I wouldn't have to throw them while I am still asleep. That would make things so much easier!

C

coolbeans4567

bar spins post #17
hahhahhahahahahaaha.

M

metalfattch

bar spins post #18
DEathly scary but probably super easy.

New Topics