Bar spin help

• Discuss Bar spin help in the Street Riding forum in area BMX-Forum Community; Hey guys i am having a problem with my bar spins.. my seat it as low as it can go. so i cant pinch in with my knees.. And when i spin the bars i fall... ...
G

Graeme101

Bar spin help post #1
Hey guys i am having a problem with my bar spins.. my seat it as low as it can go. so i cant pinch in with my knees.. And when i spin the bars i fall off the back of the bike or the bike flys away and i eat shit. is there another way to get the bar around before i crash.. or do i have to pinch it with my knees.. ( raise my seat)..

cheers

M

Marcus Poopy

Bar spin help post #2
heres some advice i heard eddie cleveland say once. "just throw the bars, you will most likely catch it"

and my advice is, hop or air higher. throw the bars, lean back but have your upper body above the bars. pinch the cranks with your toes/heels.
nobody pinches their seats anymore:roll:

L

Lay

Bar spin help post #3
lol That's such a phrase that Eddie would say. God, he's so general. Quote from his footjam tailwhip tutorial: "Um, just throw the bike and jam your foot," Yeah that's great. Pinch your frame even, cranks are much convientant. Just remember to lean back.

T

TrevorH

Bar spin help post #4
enough of these damn threads use the damn search button or GTFO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

L

lukassz

Bar spin help post #5
lol That's such a phrase that Eddie would say. God, he's so general. Quote from his footjam tailwhip tutorial: "Um, just throw the bike and jam your foot," Yeah that's great. Pinch your frame even, cranks are much convientant. Just remember to lean back.
Step one, stop listening to people simply telling you to "lean back". By simply leaning back your are loosing your bike in the air. There is a large amount of commitment with barspins because you more or less have to "poke your ass out backwards...haha yes I know that sounds ***...but for real poke your ass out backwards so your thigh/waist area is back enough to clear the bars. YOUR SHOULDERS, HEAD, AND ARMS MUST BE HOVERING FORWARD. This is the commitment part because you have let go of the bars but are keeping your upper body FORWARD . If you throw the bars after you have flattened out in the air and maintain this "leaning forward/taking it in the ass" position there is no need to "clamp" anything with your feet or legs. Please note the position of our fine friend Edwin Delarosa! http://www.mirrabikeco.com/bikeblog/wp-content/uploads/2007/05/mco-quincy-bike3.jpg
or aaron ross http://www.devonhutchins.com/images/update_10_27_07/aaron_ross_barspin_shakespeares.jpg

I'm going out on a limb here, but I would say that not necessarily "leaning back" Thats more like leaning forward while pointing your waist backwards...

L

Lay

Bar spin help post #6
Step one, stop listening to people simply telling you to "lean back". By simply leaning back your are loosing your bike in the air. There is a large amount of commitment with barspins because you more or less have to "poke your ass out backwards...haha yes I know that sounds ***...but for real poke your ass out backwards so your thigh/waist area is back enough to clear the bars. YOUR SHOULDERS, HEAD, AND ARMS MUST BE HOVERING FORWARD. This is the commitment part because you have let go of the bars but are keeping your upper body FORWARD . If you throw the bars after you have flattened out in the air and maintain this "leaning forward/taking it in the ass" position there is no need to "clamp" anything with your feet or legs. Please note the position of our fine friend Edwin Delarosa! http://www.mirrabikeco.com/bikeblog/wp-content/uploads/2007/05/mco-quincy-bike3.jpg
or aaron ross http://www.devonhutchins.com/images/update_10_27_07/aaron_ross_barspin_shakespeares.jpg

I'm going out on a limb here, but I would say that not necessarily "leaning back" Thats more like leaning forward while pointing your waist backwards...
Um, I lean back and it works for me, but you are right. It's totally commitment.

New Topics