Bad Brakes ::::What's the problem??:::::

• Discuss Bad Brakes ::::What's the problem??::::: in the BMX Bike Tech forum in area BMX-Forum Community; Hey everyone I'm just wondering, because I have really bad brakes for some reason (don't work good..ly), and I tried getting new pads, and also... ...
  • Tags bike shop
X Boarder

X Boarder

Bad Brakes ::::What's the problem??::::: post #1
Hey everyone

I'm just wondering, because I have really bad brakes for some reason (don't work good..ly), and I tried getting new pads, and also cleaning my rim, and adjusting the cables. I went to a shop today and the dude there (some old guy) told me its my BRAKE PADS.. so i was like :nono: and told him I already tried getting new brake pads...:argue: and it didn't help. then he went on about how the ones they have are so much longer, and better, and started talking about the brand name and the rest i cant remrember.. but anyway

My qutesion is, could it be the actual brakes problem?? Like could they be that bad quality that they suck that much?? (i have tektro brakes) < or however you spell.

http://www.3ride.com/bmx/detail.asp?itemID=1413

^ im talking about the actual brakes. Maybe they arent strong enough? I have no idea but could that be a possibility??

Thanks a lot 8O

F

federal_rider12

Bad Brakes ::::What's the problem??::::: post #2
i ride cheap tektros, all brakes will work just as good as the other they just need to be adjusted correctly and certains pads make a difference. it could be your pads still, if you bought hard pads they work good. what kind of pads did you buy?

those are my cheap tektro brakes that i put a dia-tech fiesta brake upgrade onto and they work great. the pads are super awesome i can lock my wheel up easily

w3zl01d

w3zl01d

Bad Brakes ::::What's the problem??::::: post #3
brakes

evolver are the best !! for sure
if you have the evolver i will help you fix your brake just e-mail me or pm me

:wink:

X Boarder

X Boarder

Bad Brakes ::::What's the problem??::::: post #4
Not sure

I'm not sure what brake pads (brand name) i got, but they were really wide.. like 2 times wider than the rim. My friend got them for me he said those are good so I dont know. Then at the shop, the old guy showed me some other brake pads (called something like "Fast Stop" or "hard stop", or "kool stop" or something like that) Im not too sure about the name.. again, but they were really long. im not sure if they were hard or soft.. does it say somewhere ? Anyway the guy said it has more surface area... so it should stop better. I don't know. U think longer brake pads will help?

F

federal_rider12

Bad Brakes ::::What's the problem??::::: post #5
well i dont believe it says if they are hard or not but it was kool stop. they make great pads and soft. he was probably telling you about the eagle 2 pads, but i like their phat pads. but my brakes are tektro the cheap ones and i have dia-tech fiesta pads on it and it works great! the springs in the cheap tektros arent so good but can work great, but i put dia-tech springs in mine so they are completely straight and feel great. thats another thing your wheel could be bent and the brakes dont fully work on them because they just bounce off. so also check to see if the brakes both touch completely(with hardly pulling on the brake to the point where they touch so dont add any more force) and spin the wheel and see if it is bent. but you have done everything else right? you know adjusting the springs, cleaning the rim, sanding the pads? and if the rim is black the brakes wont work as good

F

FOL

Bad Brakes ::::What's the problem??::::: post #6
kool stop owns :)

F

federal_rider12

Bad Brakes ::::What's the problem??::::: post #7
i could true a rim in my brakes, thats how good i made mine

New Topics