Back into the sport[Need help]

• Discuss Back into the sport[Need help] in the General BMX Forum forum in area BMX-Forum Community; After two year of quitting from getting hit by jet ski,im back into the sport. I want to start new,buy everything new again. Should I buy a... ...
twelch

twelch

Back into the sport[Need help] post #1
After two year of quitting from getting hit by jet ski,im back into the sport.

I want to start new,buy everything new again.

Should I buy a complete.or should I buy each part.[Street and dirt]

Whats new these day.

If you have any advice,list it.

911freeagentbmx911

911freeagentbmx911

Back into the sport[Need help] post #2
if when u used to ride you were decent id suggest you pick up a midd end complete which is about $400 or so

if you were really good when u used to ride then id just go for a custom complete but remember its gonna run you about 12-1500 to get good parts but the thing is the bike will last you forever

my advice to you is to just read the forum and pick up on the new things out there since u have a background in bmx i doubt ur gonna have much catching up but in the past few years things have changed a bit but nothing too too drastic

if u got ne questions ask em here and if u think its stupid u can send me a private msg and i can try to help you out if i can cuz some people on here tend to be mean if its not what they think is a good question.

iBMX569

iBMX569

Back into the sport[Need help] post #3
That's awsome that your getting back into it! but like 911freeagentbmx911 said it depends on the skill level you were at.

twelch

twelch

Back into the sport[Need help] post #4
Thanks for the advice.Without sounded like ass,I was pretty damn good.

Ive been looking at Complete Fit's and WTP's and just adding on.

Whats has seemed to be the lastest shoes,with good grip.

iBMX569

iBMX569

Back into the sport[Need help] post #5
Well, then if you have the money buy a custom bike. It will last forever.

I have a wtp four seasons frame, and I love it.
And I just wear whatever shoes on sale, so sorry, can't help you there.

S

SeattleBMX

Back into the sport[Need help] post #6
loteks or orchids, bmx specific son. ive got a pair of lotek brooklyns and i love em

twelch

twelch

Back into the sport[Need help] post #7
I just picked up a I think 03 DK General Lee all stock for $75.

I was thinking off a new sprocket,Crank[its to small],pedals,front rim,tires,grips,Fork

Then in Sept a new Frame and handle bars.

Any ideas?

[edit]Whats the best size sprocket/chain wheel?

J

jawn

Back into the sport[Need help] post #8
There's no best size gearing. Ratios aside, small gearing is good for weight reduction, it's harder to bend a smaller sprocket (less leverage), and it allows stuff like rear right peg crooked grinds, but at the same time it puts more stress on your chain/driver teeth, more of the load of sprocket tricks are distributed over fewer sprocket teeth, and it's harder to do sprocket tricks due to the sprocket being higher into the gap between the wheels. It's preference basically.

twelch

twelch

Back into the sport[Need help] post #9
Thanks

Getaway

Getaway

Back into the sport[Need help] post #10
For shoes i know orchids are good and i've heard the nikes sb or 6.0 are pretty good.

New Topics