back brakes don't reach?

• Discuss back brakes don't reach? in the BMX Bike Tech forum in area BMX-Forum Community; i bought a frame off a guy in the newspaper, but when i put it together the brakes miss my rim by about an inch and a half!! whats wrong? the frame is... ...
  • Tags dirt street
S

steffy

back brakes don't reach? post #1
i bought a frame off a guy in the newspaper, but when i put it together the brakes miss my rim by about an inch and a half!! whats wrong? the frame is a s+m widowmaker, i had heard of it , but never seen one b4. the toptube is really high too. help plzz!

O

orangebeast91489

back brakes don't reach? post #2
errr..are they hitting the spokes or the tire? i think you should look for some road brakes or someting that have tons of adjustment. or maybe just put one on the front? thats where its the most usefull..and it doesnt wear out your tire if u have to slam on it (stupid skaters :roll: )

A

ArNoLd

back brakes don't reach? post #3
WTF r u onnabout

do not put a stupid brake on the front that an appauling idea, to solve ure problem u gotta buy a different tipe brake to wot u go i had one with straight arms once and i got the same problem as u so i went and got a brake with more curve in the arms and that sorted it (BUT DONT RIDE A BMX WITH A FRONT BRAKE UNLESS U DO FLATLAND) Mkay! :D

old_school_goose

old_school_goose

back brakes don't reach? post #4
why cant you ride without front brakes? the only place i can see them a little useless is dirt jumping. but who here rides completly dirt? everybody rides a little bit of street and some ramps.

A

ArNoLd

back brakes don't reach? post #5
wot the hel wood u use a frontbrake for on park or street i ride both and wood neva find a use for 1 and it just mucks up the whole look thing ;)

A

ArNoLd

back brakes don't reach? post #6
o and by the way nice bike orange only thing tiny bit wrong is the size of the handlebars but hey we all ride different

O

orangebeast91489

back brakes don't reach? post #7
haha they are massive..im going to buy some poverty or maybe some terrible ones small..small bars own! and why arnt front brakes terrible? notice how alot of cars come with disc front and drum back? and why do trials riders have discs in the front and hs33 in back? cause rear brake power is not needed as much. all of the power is up front..IMHO

Bristow

Bristow

back brakes don't reach? post #8
bracks are shit anyway, i say take them off and trow them in the bin!!!!!

New Topics